Replace HDD with an SSD in an Acer Aspire V3-572G-719A?

carnage4771

Estimable
Oct 24, 2015
I have an Acer Aspire V3-572G-719A and I've been looking to upgrade its 1 TB HDD to a 512 GB or 1 TB SSD. I built my own desktop before but I've never seen the inside of a laptop, so I am kind of hesitant to do it myself.

But at the same time, I also am quite reluctant to bring it to a computer store because the local ones here are known to rip you off for doing things that are fairly simple like that (upgrading RAM in a desktop for example could cost you $100 in work fees here and that's if you're lucky)

I have replaced the hard drive of a laptop once, but you didn't even have to go inside the laptop for that; it had a lid you could take off and you could directly access the drive. That was VERY easy. But this laptop does not seem to have a separate hard drive compartment; I see screws on the corners of the laptop and it looks like I'll have to open up the sucker entirely, and that is scaring me quite a bit.

So my questions to you guys; does anyone have a good video or PDF that shows me how to go about this? I tried Googling but there are so many V3's that I can't see the wood for the trees anymore; searching YouTube for V3-572G doesn't seem to bring up much.

And my other question: is this is a very risky operation? Is it easy to mess things up and ruin the laptop or is it a fairly simple task even for a beginner?

Thanks!