Question Replaced Asus Screen but replacement is black

Jan 28, 2021
I replaced my the laptop screen on my son's Asus FV503VM, and now it's black. The old screen had a crack, but there was some image on it. Now...nothing, on either screen. I pulled the new screen out and tried it on another laptop, and it is working, so I know it's not a screen issue. I'm worried that I burnt a connection or blew a fuse. Whatever I did, I don't know where to go next and any suggestions (even if it's "time to take it to a professional!") would be appreciated.

Jan 28, 2021
Might be a connection issue with the motherboard. Either the slot for the internal video ribbon cable on the motherboard or the cable itself.
I pulled out the cable and tried another cable (thank goodness my other laptop had the same cable) and it still doesn't work. So is it safe to assume something's up on the motherboard?

Yes, something with the internal video port where the cable is plugged in or the contact of the lid is always thinking that it is closed and therefore doesn´t power on the display

while windows is loaded, check if the display is recognized by the device manager. (with the external monitor plugged in)
maybe try the hotkey "windows"+ "P". Hold "windows" press "p" at least twice and release all buttons and wait about 5 seconds. If nothing comes up do it again,

Jan 28, 2021
Yes, something with the internal video port where the cable is plugged in or the contact of the lid is always thinking that it is closed and therefore doesn´t power on the display

while windows is loaded, check if the display is recognized by the device manager. (with the external monitor plugged in)
maybe try the hotkey "windows"+ "P". Hold "windows" press "p" at least twice and release all buttons and wait about 5 seconds. If nothing comes up do it again,

That did not work, but thank you for the suggestion! I'm trying to track down a wire to check to see if the installed one is bad. Other suggestions would be welcome!

Jan 28, 2021
Follow up/alternate question - could it be the cable that connects the screen to the motherboard? Could something possibly have burnt in the wire to make the screen not work, or would the problem be solely on the motherboard?