Solved! Replaced laptop screen cable, now screen doesn't work at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2021
I replaced my laptop screen 4 months ago and recently had an issue with it flickering when its tilted in certain positions. Forums I read say its most likely an issue with the connector. I replaced it with the new cable and now my screen doesn't turn on at all. I tried again with the original connector and that doesn't work now either. What could have caused it to go off completely? And is the issue no longer with the cable?

Solution
The connectors are fragile and could have been damaged. There are also ESD sensitive components in the display as well as on the motherboard. If you did the work without taking ESD precautions, you may have zapped something. ESD is something nearly all youtube videos neglect but all manufacturers pay a lot of attention to it.

Plug in an external monitor and see it that works. Also note if the drive LED (if there is one) flashes when you start up. Is the power light coming on?
The connectors are fragile and could have been damaged. There are also ESD sensitive components in the display as well as on the motherboard. If you did the work without taking ESD precautions, you may have zapped something. ESD is something nearly all youtube videos neglect but all manufacturers pay a lot of attention to it.

Plug in an external monitor and see it that works. Also note if the drive LED (if there is one) flashes when you start up. Is the power light coming on?

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.