Question Replacing matte screen with touchscreen, FHD - Dell Latitude 5480

Apr 1, 2021
I recently bought a Dell 5480 on eBay. It was advertised with a glossy FHD touchscreen. But when I got it, it only had a matte screen. I haven't found out yet whether it's FHD or not. My question is, can I replace the screen with a touchscreen if the laptop didn't have one already? They make touchscreens for this model. Failing that, can I at least replace it with a glossy? If the existing screen is only HD, can I replace it with a FHD?

Any information is appreciated.

Saga Lout

Olde English
Start off at Dell's website where you can type in your Service Tag which will list every part of the machine and tell you whether swapping screens is possible.

Personally I reckon at least there will be a change of wiring but you can the question on that site.

Apr 1, 2021
Start off at Dell's website where you can type in your Service Tag which will list every part of the machine and tell you whether swapping screens is possible.

Personally I reckon at least there will be a change of wiring but you can the question on that site.
They seem to want me to call tech support to ask about that. And tech support costs money. I'm looking for anyone who just knows the answer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Q Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 2
WinnieSunny Laptop Tech Support 2
gryzor1000 Laptop Tech Support 0
Nickpug9 Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 2
plouat Laptop Tech Support 0
jcgc50 Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 10
kaidiat Laptop Tech Support 0