Solved! replacing the video card on yoga 700

semiexpert

Prominent
Jul 5, 2017
system scan gives a hardware error, saying the Intel HD Graphic 520 encounters an error. indeed the screen flashes and flickers erratically especially on twitter.
Anybody experienced this problem? Does any body know how to replace this display adapter?

Solution

then i suggest getting a new laptop.replacing the motherboard would just cost about the same as the yoga itself(unless u can find a refurbish)if u have the cash i suggest getting the dell with a gtx 1050/1050ti.i only have 2 lenovo laptop in my life which is the y510p gaming...

semiexpert

Prominent
Jul 5, 2017
Thanks for the info. it sucks of course since my Yoga is out of warranty (only 1.5 years old and the video card fails?). I did check the updates on the driver and all seems OK. I did not reinstall it. Maybe I should try that first.

Try it and get back with the results.

semiexpert

Prominent
Jul 5, 2017
Installed new updated driver (got it from the Lenovo web site, the Microsoft automatic update kept giving me a "no update needed" type of message!).

it appeared to be better but the scan error still appears after the hardware scan. Will need to check out the video card, which is indeed part of the motherboard. What a pain for a 1.5 years old computer. Very disappointed in Lenovo's reliability. Won't buy another one of those.

Thanks for your help anyway.

then i suggest getting a new laptop.replacing the motherboard would just cost about the same as the yoga itself(unless u can find a refurbish)if u have the cash i suggest getting the dell with a gtx 1050/1050ti.i only have 2 lenovo laptop in my life which is the y510p gaming notebook with 755m SLi and a y50-70 with the gtx 960m.this 2 never really gave me a problem except for overheating(which i already fix).believe it or not the yoga was the same price as the y50 when it came out in my country and its just a no brainer for me to go for the yoga at that time.

Solution

semiexpert

Prominent
Jul 5, 2017
Thanks for the advice. I'll consider what to do next. For the moment the Yoga works but flickers once in a while, so I may have some time before it crashes...