Report: Apple To Cut Carriers, Sell Direct to Users

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
This might be the case with the US as the big 3 Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile are going to be using the same 4G technology LTE. So hopefully being a Verizon customer I will see better phones come over to the network.

But honestly I would rather do much like Europe does with their phones is you pay the big money up front but the service is cheaper. However I don't think this will ever be the case.

G

OMG... I was kind of hallucinating steve jobs would say that iPhone 5 would introduce the virtualSIM-ID......

anyway... this kind of technology already EXIST in CDMA... a long time ago... it is called a INJECTION method... a CDMA phone that doesn't require any SIM/RUIM card.... and this is a failure.... it is the past... no one want it anymore, we all want a phone that we can swap the SIM card because with an inject technology... user can't swap phone operator anytime they want.

this is just like the facetime.... because everything just about to be revolutionize again by apple... yuck...

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]same with Canada, I can just buy an iPhone off contract and register it with one of many companies that accept sim cards[/citation]
yup, Canada is already buying iphone4 unlocked from Apple. Now if only we could get a decent military!

Status
Not open for further replies.