Report: Apple Working on Tablet-Laptop Combo

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

braneman

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
I wonder if it will have multitasking this time, or even... a clock? mouse support? you never really know what they'll cut out next... even still people will STILL buy it, no matter how much it costs and how many obvious flaws it has.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
OH no it is new........
Beeepppp....WRONG!
This is just like the ordinary tablet PC....nothin' new...see the Lenovo's tablet pc series for example.

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
[citation][nom]Glorian[/nom]Gah, Jobs will do anything to not make a "netbook' but all he seems to be ending up with is a freakin' NETBOOK![/citation]
Jobs is probably thinking that since he didn't design netbooks, they must be worthless.

dokiardo

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010
While it is new, a lot of people have never seen a tablet yet. In all honesty, neither have I outside of my career. So this will be REVOLUTIONARY. The Apple fans will say that this tablet is new, fresh and magical. When we all know it is just flub, that is overpriced flub

twu

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
What? that looks like the old WinXP touch screen laptops. Oh, they patent old tech. and make others to pay for it, blood s*cker.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
So it's a iPad with a slide-out keyboard? The iPad is already a big iPod Touch, si I guess tgis is a big iPod Touch with a big slide-out keyboard. Pure genious.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]HavoCnMe[/nom]The new iSlab. Order today for the Flintstone Edition.[/citation]
Dude I'd be all over the Flintstone edition once it comes out. LOVE that show.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
The new iSlab. Order today for the Flintstone Edition.

Dude I'd be all over the Flintstone edition once it comes out. LOVE that show.

I wonder if it comes signed by Fred and Barney???????

G

My December 1992 issue of PC World had pretty much the exact same thing with the exact same mechanism. It was called the Grid Convertible.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Interesting considering the couple of times I read Steve Jobs state that he would never get into the tablet PC market as it wasn't really economically viable.

As to an iPad form-factor macbook, its called a ModBook - a third party company that is allowed to modify their notebooks into slates because Apple was unwilling to enter that market.

Again, the same prediction with the iPad applies if they do go ahead with the product. It will be laughed at and bashed up until released, and then the Apple PR machine will go in full gear as people snatch up the "revolutionary" device. Places like Tom's, desperate to post anything Apple to draw clicks (and thus Ad revenue), will snap up all the Apple PR they can to post about it (like the iPad) thus further feeding the frenzy.

awood28211

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
Yes, you too can take your iPhone anywhere...and when your screen isn't big enough to watch a movie, pull out your iPad...and just in case you need to actually be productive and run Microsoft Office and use a real keyboard...whip out your AppleTop...

As a feature the AppleTop comes without vowel keys...to which you'll be told, you're typing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS