Report: Google Music Service Launching Soon

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

martel80

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
[citation][nom]K1LL3M[/nom]First and foremost DRM Free FLAC, anything else is irrelevant to me!Then they could value add with1. Maintain a record of music purchased on the account which would permit re-downloads with no bullshit limits (eg only 5x)2. [/citation]
Agreed on the first one. But unlimited downloads per account seem a bit overkill (if such account is made "public" then they would lose a lot of money). I think some limit like X albums/day would be sufficient for individuals and prevent account sharing.

renixis_infinity

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
Google taking up everything...

I wonder if Google will make GOOGLE Branded FPS, RTS and RPG games
or even making a console to compete against other competitors

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]turbolover22[/nom]I'm in if they were to play streaming music. All of the other sites like pandora are blocked here at work.[/citation]
Big brother will block this one too

Dave_69

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
If they go with lossless formats like FLAC or WAV, I'm there. Otherwise it's just another useless conduit for lossy garbage.

g-thor

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
Whatever they come up with, it needs far better organization than the Android Market has. Finding what you want seems to be a matter of scrolling through an endless list and hoping the name someone used fits with what you're thinking.

It does have potential though.

myriad46

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
If it's "Google Music" there should be no cost. Similar to one of the music services that have a subscription fee, and then unlimited downloads. Log in with your account and Google gets to tie your music preferences and listening information into its giant database of demographics. I wouldn't be suprised if it's ad supported and I bet it'll be free.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
This may be the final push I need to start buying music digitally. I still buy physical CDs (after 'testing' them out via torrents first). None of the current distribution systems is good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.