Report: Google Working on Android-based HUD Glasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDVINASM

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
It's all good and well with new tech. But where the hell is the proper cheap Chrome OS netbook, where is our Google TV integration with full browser.
Is it only me or most Google products are Betas atm? Pricey too..

teddymines

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
Being distracted and derping into a fountain at a mall is funny for everyone, but there better be ways to prevent their use while driving.

in_the_loop

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
Wow, this really opens up a lot of possibilities.
Augmented Reality Aps like layar could be much more usable. Nowadays you look like a dork when pointing a mobile everywhere, somebody even got angre at me for taking pictures of him, when I actually was using layar.
Also, it can be a hazzle with the floating icons bumping around unsteadily when using the phonew camera. It will feel much more natural with the glasses just turning around your head.

A second big thing would be the possibility of using them for real 3D, since different images could be sent to the right and left eye, making it possible to cretate the depth for 3d.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Apple is busying itself with an iPod Nano-like watch

Oh give me a break! Why can't iCrap do something original?! This stuff has been around for years. Next thing we will be reading is that iRobbedya is going to be patenting the bracelet concept.

zzz_b

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
I wonder how many accidents will happen when wearing your monitor in front of your eyes!

Probably even more lawsuits :))

G

Anyone else think of those ridiculous redneck sunglasses/mp3 player "Dog" The Bounty Hunter always wears? lol, he could have a gps / tracking system with crosshairs for his industrial strength pepper ball shooter! :D

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
I had always thought someone should make dual tiny personal projectors that sit on your nose, and use contact lenses as a screen. That way even your peripheral vision is included in the image. Then it's not just 3D - it's full immersion.
(and yes for those true geeks out there, I got this idea from an old episode of star trek NG where they were all giving this saucer suction game and became brainwashed)

willwayne

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
I can't focus on anything that less than 6" from my eyeballs. I don't see how HUD glasses (and especially contacts) could possibly convey any meaningful information besides simple notification alerts.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
[citation][nom]willwayne[/nom]I can't focus on anything that less than 6" from my eyeballs. I don't see how HUD glasses (and especially contacts) could possibly convey any meaningful information besides simple notification alerts.[/citation]
Sure, like tomshardware news updates! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.