Report: Interested in Producing Halo Movie

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Halo movie would've sucked anyways. Don't need an overrated movie based on an overrated game. If they didn't have fun multiplayer, they'd quickly be forgotten. First game was decent but about a year or two too late. Most of its problems stemmed from being shoehorned into an Xbox. Second game was a huge disappointment and was only popular because it brought multiplayer to Xbox Live. Third game was decent, but the potential for the series had already died years ago. I don't blame Bungie for wanting to get away from Microsoft.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
"Dreamworks is looking for a new big blockbuster action franchise"

umm, Halo is an old action franchise, a new franchise would BE SOMETHING ORIGINAL!!!

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Spielberg is nowhere near as bad as Lucas... There is a chance that Lucas helped screwed up Indy 4.

The Star Wars story is still a great saga... Lucas should have given the directing jobs to others since Empire. Ep3 was actually good, the "noooooooooooooooooooo!" part was still rather lame. Choosing bad actors, and making "everything" connect was never needed nor "cute"... like Greedo in Ep1. Not needed.

Chewbacca knowing Yoda... means he also knows Anakin. Afterall, that Skywalker was a well known Jedi. He'd be like "Huh? Skywalker?!"

Lucas CAN direct (or did) as he did with Star Wars. But I think Creatures and CGI has gone to his brain.

Yes, I LOVE EYE Candy. I want to see epic space battles - for which the one in EPIII in the opening was way too short. If you read the book, there were ships like Republic Crusiers crashing into the planet.

Or stupid plot problems. Like when the Jedi takes Anakin, but leaves his mother as a slave... but then bitch "He is unstable because he is concerned about his mother"... Jedi, has star ships a huge building.. can't afford to buy her? Right.

Simple solution and MORE reasonable. The Jedi bought her freedom, but she already had a boyfriend and stayed on Tatooniee to marry him. The rest of the story about he death could be the same. Just a bunch of stupid crap like that makes the movie "stupid".

CG has to be done right... not over done. District 9 looks great, its getting great reviews. It seems like something US humans would do. Check out the original 6min version from 2005 on you tube called: Alive in Joburg

P_haze420

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
I could make a better movie then micheal bay. Actually, anybody can make better movies then hollywood. Hollywood, your time has come to an end. :waves:

Neog2

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2007
[citation][nom]LeJay[/nom]Because based on those movies you think they are ahead?[/citation]

No I think he meant that transformers was good, GI-JOE was bad
lets not do HALO cause it would suck.
The direction is going downward is what I believe he meant.

cobot

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
Well, I love the idea with the halos, could be great if they don't have to many elements of the game in it, because lets face it - games that are made into movies suck.

Might even be a good idea to take master chief outta the movie completely.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Michael Bay is a great Director! Look at how much money he is making. You just have to put him in the box saying "EXPLOSIONS"... him doing a top-notch brain advancing movie, never happen.

Even many many years ago, saw the trailer for Perl Harbor... I thought "hmmm... could be good", then I saw the name "Michael Bay" -ARGH. I saw the movie, it was worse. A Titanic rip-off during the attack on Perl Harbor... puke puke.

I forgot! South Park did an excellent version of what Spielberg and Lucas did to Indiana Jones.... they raped him.

Can't get more true than that.

rambo117

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
[citation][nom]bfstev[/nom]what would they even make the movie about? before the games? after? durring?[/citation]
have you read the books? the ideas are endless.. its just the sad fact that no1 wants to really put the effort into making one :(

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Typical Hollywood. Its about money.

Perhaps when they get around to green-lighting it, nobody will care.

Maybe by then, they will want to make a movie based off of UT3!

jecht

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
[citation][nom]ac21365[/nom]If Transformers 2 and GI Joe are any sign of the direction popular-topic movies are going, they might as well quit while they're ahead.[/citation]

I'll be honest, Transformers 2 and G.I. Joe were not very intellectually engaging or deeply meaningful. But so what? They are movies about giant robots and guys with big guns blowing the crap out of each other. So what if they're kinda cheesy? The original series were not exactly great masterpieces either. Am I saying they shouldn't strive to do better? Not at all. Movies like The Dark Knight proved that you can take a somewhat silly premise and make a serious movie out of it. Am I saying that I enjoyed them for what they were supposed to be, that is, action movies with lasers and missles and explosions? Yeah, absolutely.

Status
Not open for further replies.