Report: iOS 5 Not Coming Until the Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I fear for the future of the cloud if Apple is head-manning the operation. Undoubtedly, it will be nothing more than a way for Apple to capitalize on the consumers lack of knowledge to inevitably turn a profit at the expense of the potential the cloud offers to consumers.

G

Though it may be upsetting to buy an iDevice that will be outdated in 6+ months, Apple is acting no different than any other tablet/phone maker that have an array of devices. We consumers maintain the thinking that Apple is going to stay the same and not develop devices outside of their annual release dates. However if Apple wants to stay competitive they maybe forced into releasing devices more frequently like rumors have it.

jibbs

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
As long as the iPhone 5 has dual core and 4G I'm getting it. If not then I'm through waiting and will go get an Android

irish_adam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
[citation][nom]jibbs[/nom]As long as the iPhone 5 has dual core and 4G I'm getting it. If not then I'm through waiting and will go get an Android[/citation]

why though? i mean if its the same OS then why do u need a dual core processor? What do u do with you iphone that actually use that?

G

@irish_adam
Why would some one want it? Think of it this way, do you buy a computer just for the moment or do you want it somewhat future proof? I know I want to be able to use my device/pc or anything else for that matter for as long as possible. Also just because its the same OS doesn't mean it cannot support more cores, nothing an update cant fix, not like it wouldn't already be implimented in it already considering. . . you know. . . they put it in there. And last but not least, people want to do as much as they can with their devices. Who doesn't like saying wow look what my phone can do now.

G

[citation][nom]Griffolion[/nom]No thanks, i'll stick with Android.[/citation]

How is that comment even remotely useful to *anybody*?

Every Apple article. Every single Apple article. There's always one.

gamerluke7

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
[citation][nom]irish_adam[/nom]why though? i mean if its the same OS then why do u need a dual core processor? What do u do with you iphone that actually use that?[/citation]
Apple stopped providing os updates at 4.2.1

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
At this point I think hardware upgrades are important, software upgrades are not so important. And consider that a lot of people have no way of getting software upgrades into their phone. My iphone4 will be stuck on whatever version it came with until it dies.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Anomalyx[/nom]Well, look on the bright side:Your brand new iDevices won't get crippled until this fall...[/citation]

At least they don't cripple any hardware until roughly 2 years out(based solely on the original iphone and the 3g.). Some of the Android phones didn't even make it a year before they were no longer upgradeable..

fayzaan

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]...And cue the Apple/Iphone hate comments. Ready set go....[/citation]
hai phones!!! I wants mah haiphones 5abcdefg! why does applez stink! why cannot they make it faster!!!!

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]fayzaan[/nom]hai phones!!! I wants mah haiphones 5abcdefg! why does applez stink! why cannot they make it faster!!!![/citation]
ROFL'D

Status
Not open for further replies.