Report: iPad 2, iPhone 5 to Have Integrated NFC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bhaberle

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
People all over the world use their phones as credit cards. As long as the right security is in place i think it is good.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
I am not a fan of having my money removed from me more conveniently. And I also don't want to get a surprise bill because this capability got hacked somehow. It all boils down to the fact that Apple doesn't know me personally and I don't know anyone at Apple personally. Apple is a big company that constantly figures out to ways to automate money removal from consumers into their account and creates huge barriers for the reverse. So hackers will take care of exploiting this.

bryandavidwilliams

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
There was a apple patent filed to use some NFC communication to make your data available on what ever machine you connect too. That would be nice to be able to set my iPhone next to a machine and be able to access my music and info easily. I hope android and google both get on this bandwagon and I can just take my iphone out to pay. My credit card is always getting braking because I use it so much these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.