Report: Microsoft's Kin One and Two Ships May 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Woot!
Kin 1 for the wife, Windows Phone 7 for me. Done and done.

Welcome back to the game Microsoft. The score is about 50 to 1 so you better get swinging.

kennyforgames

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
they need to hire a good designer at least. the reason why I brought ipad is because of it's good looking sharp makes me feel cool to hold one in hand.

IFLATLINEI

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
[citation][nom]gogogadgetliver[/nom]Woot!Kin 1 for the wife, Windows Phone 7 for me. Done and done. Welcome back to the game Microsoft. The score is about 50 to 1 so you better get swinging.[/citation]

You must hate your wife.

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
[citation][nom]IFLATLINEI[/nom]You must hate your wife.[/citation]

No no. Don't worry. I bought her one of these...
https://buybettermarriageblanket.com/

heh, but all jokes aside: fuck you.

G

The Kin phones are dysfunctional. No Instant Message. No calendar. No photo upload to Twitter. 15 minute message update delay. No apps.

That all makes one dysfunctional handset.

vant

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
[citation][nom]IFLATLINEI[/nom]You must hate your wife.[/citation]
Hahahaha. So true!

I'm sure many are predicting a bigger flop than the Nexus One.

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
[citation][nom]kennyforgames[/nom]they need to hire a good designer at least. the reason why I brought ipad is because of it's good looking sharp makes me feel cool to hold one in hand.[/citation]

Hahahaha, so you bought one cause it looks and makes you feel cool? That is a great reason to spend several hundred dollars for sure.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]There are better phones than Kin[/nom]The Kin phones are dysfunctional. No Instant Message. No calendar. No photo upload to Twitter. 15 minute message update delay. No apps.That all makes one dysfunctional handset.[/citation]

Depends. From what I know of them, those things you quoted directly from the pro-apple blogs aren't what the phone is for. Stop tonging steve job's a-hole.

beta tester

Distinguished
May 4, 2010
Kin is a disaster.

The Danger Sidekick was OK. It was based on Java and could run Java apps. I remember you could get a MSN app and a Yahoo Messenger app.

However, Microsoft had to eliminate all Java, and they did. Now the Kin has no apps at all. It also can't IM at all.

Really, the Kin should be avoided at all costs.

demosthenes81

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
i diddnt think i would like a social networking phone but i just got a motorolla backflip im impressed with all the options with the android phone so far if microsoft set it up well they might be ok

G

People text on phones - not IM. If it can text and make phone calls it'll be good for my daughter. 99.9999999% of what she does on the phone is text.

2zao

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
curious to see how Google Android and Microsoft fair over the next couple years as they compete in the cell phone OS market... where will mobile OS go from here???

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
I get marked down because a few people didn't get the joke.

http://www.theonion.com/video/apple-introduces-revolutionary-new-laptop-with-no,14299/

Best quote from the clip " it remains to be seen if it will catch on in the business world where people use computers for work and not just dicking around"

pawntec

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
idk but is it me or the annoying pop spam on tomshardware/guide recently getting a little out of hand with all the bloat popups?

Status
Not open for further replies.