Report: Mozilla to Introduce First Mozilla Phone by LG at MWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryio

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
A browser phone? Dear lord. At least Android doesn't force the ideea "Chrome FTW", and neither WP7, with its IE9 [I dunno about browser support on that platform]

G

Great, a slow as shit mobile os that crashes constantly!

I've used firefox since version 0,1 on android, still doesn't work at all. Just constant crashes, three different phones. And sooo sloooooow...

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Odd, I hope it really is a great system, but I fear it'll be rubbish. It won't be able to compete against three behemoths financially without being fantastic.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I saw two different videos of Mozilla concept phones while back. Is this it? I thought the videos were awesome, but that was a while ago. So much has changed.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]I saw two different videos of Mozilla concept phones while back. Is this it? I thought the videos were awesome, but that was a while ago. So much has changed.[/citation]
Seabird 2D and Seabird 3D. That's them.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
....And I bet firefox on the phone will only use 1 core of the phone's CPU to render all tabs (just like on x86) instead of 1 core per tab, or more than 1 core per tab.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]danwat1234[/nom]....And I bet firefox on the phone will only use 1 core of the phone's CPU to render all tabs (just like on x86) instead of 1 core per tab, or more than 1 core per tab.[/citation]

does it matter? i mean this is a phone... it cant handle a crap ton of tabs... i have about 100 chrome tabs open right now... well 70-100, somewhere in between there... but a phone is what, 9 tabs at most? do you really need more than 1 core, even just a 1ghz arm core to handle that?

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
I'm actually really anticipating this. Hope it is awesome and the developers have shown they have far sighted imagination from the videos they have released.

They have the chance to learn from everyone although not sure what they can do when so many core features have been ruthlessly patented by the big players (perhaps the opensource of WebOS will help). If they can follow Microsoft's model for pushing updates rather than Google's they might have something.

Status
Not open for further replies.