Report: MSFT, Nokia in 'Final Stage' Discussions

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NightLight

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2004
why are they limiting themselves to a single platform? why not give the end user a choice of platform? one might like the phone's design, but not the os, so let them choose. It shouldn't be that hard to make a phone multi platform compatible...

dallaswits

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Finally, i can look forward to owning another Nokia phone.
They are my favorite manufacturer hands down.
And the new Win Phone OS is really neat.
This pairing will over take apple i bet, Americans dont fully understand the brand loyalty to Nokia out there in the international market place, wait and see.

JJLD

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2006
I don't know why people keep insisting that WP7 is dead already..people already forgot that Android also had rough start and they really did not take off until year later. WP7 had its problem with initial sales, but this is just the massive boost that Microsoft needed to complete against android/iOS.

stridernz

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
I like the idea of combining Nokia know-how with Microsoft's OS. I am definitely hoping that WP7 will become better in the process.

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
[citation][nom]alzheimerz[/nom]I'll buy Nokia Windows Phone 7 when it is available.[/citation]

I think I would too.

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
[citation][nom]theshonen8899[/nom]Apple/iOS vs Nokia/Microsoft...vs. Motorola/Androidvs. HTC/Androidvs. LG/Androidvs. Samsung/Androidvs. Sony/Androidvs. .../Android[/citation]

I think you missed the part where there are now HTC, LG and Samsung win phone 7 devices on the market already.

Status
Not open for further replies.