Report: MSFT Paid Female Exec £1,000,000 in Hush Money

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prey

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
Interesting, so in the huge world of microsoft she was the only prime candidate?? Work is a club of popularity and ass kissing, it's reality. Study after study after study shows 'unfair' treatment happens all the time. When you get that high up politics has to be insane.

I wonder if her being a woman was ever a benefit? I'm not saying at all in anyway to be discriminatory towards gender, but maybe there were other reasons.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
The Droid Bionic is faulty and emits a high-pitched noise when using the headphone jack. It is either due to lousy hardware (Motorola) or the lousy OS (Android). If you are in the market for a new phone, wait for the new iPhone in October; you will get much faster / more stable hardware and software.

martel80

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
This is demented.
If the situation involved two men and the other would be promoted, it would not make it to the headlines.
Being promoted is not only about how long you work for the company or how much experience you have. It also takes some special personal properties which are not obvious to see/discover. She even admits this in the quote - she didn't have what it takes.

techtre2003

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2006
I only WISH the meaning of unfair was getting paid 1.5 mil $ after quitting a job because you didn't get a promotion you thought you deserved. Man, she has it rough!

DaveUK

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
If the UK executive was male, and the (no doubt more senior) South Africa executive who got this job was female... would this even make the news? What a load of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.