Report Points to June Launch for New iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Fix the software that has needed fixing since the original iPhone launched, update the internal hardware substantially, and put a camera on the front and I'll buy one. I can do without the camera on the front and still possibly make a purchase but the phone needs more horsepower. Can't convince the tech crowd to buy a "new" phone with old parts.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
Now we just need a 3G + GPS version of the iPhone for Verizon Wireless. I'll be ready for my New Every Two upgrade June/July... Apple might just have me consider something they make if they made such a common sense move.

miltoxbeyond

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2007
If Apple would just stop trying to run the wireless companies that have the iphone, we would've had the Verizon iPhone a long time ago...

G

Virgin Mobile Australia has held off Iphone sales for a full month for some reason starting this month. Maybe prelude to an earlier release than June?

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
As much as the iPhone has been getting better with more applications, the inability of a remove battery and a crappy network provide makes it a bad buy.

Other options Apple needs is an external BT keyboard and mouse combo clip-on and an increased screen resolution.

G

I think that what soldier suggested is quite possible, but i think that quad core is highly unlike. Maybe a Via Nano or Intel Atom. I hope but doubt they will release two versions a 32GB and a 64GB,most likely a 32GB im certain that the Itouch will be upgraded to those capacities though.
They also need to add a camera on the screen for video calling, a better camera on the back hopefully at least a 3.2mp camera with VIDEO and flash. Also a speakerphone button would be nice. They should also have stereo Bluetooth. Then im defiantly going to get one.

davidgbailey

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2008
I'm sure you guys know more about what design features the new iPhone will need than the morons with all their worthless degrees and meaningless experience that work there.

G

Hope they add a Flash the shape of an apple. That would be WOW

G

WTF?

New iPhones every year? Yet most cellphone providers only offer them on 2year contracts.

This is the kind of BS that are collectively contributing towards all our global economic troubles.

I WANT to buy a new iPhone as soon as it comes out, but now I'm forced by Apple as well as my Cell provider to skip every 2nd release, effectively, the buyer market is cut in half.

What kind of message are Electronics manufacturers sending consumers - anything you buy has a shelf-life of less than 6months, yet we are expected to go into serious financial commitment for 2 years, and then walk around with a tool for more than a year that is not giving us what we need ( compared to what is available/standard by the second year of your contract).

I understand that technology moves fast, but if I'm supposed to accept that my tech toys/gadgets are disposable, then don;t price them so that I have to take out a bond to repay them over almost 4 times their expected lifespan...

G

Verizon had their shot. Apple approached them first to market the iPhone. Verizon refused, AT&T chose second. Get over it.

BlueKarma

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
I agree with jerreece and miltoxbeyond, give us an iPhone for Verizon, dammit! Why apple continues to drag down the iPhone with a crumby network is beyond me. I got sick of bad coverage/dropped calls on AT&T a few years back and switched to Verizon (despite their crappy phone selection). The coverage and customer service are far superior with Verizon and I refuse to go back to AT&T. Too bad for Apple, because my "new every 2" renews now! I'd be more than willing to plop my $199, but I guess I'll just have to settle for something else. Count this as 1 lost sale for Apple.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
For all of you who drool over the iphone and are stuck on another network, what is it about the phone that you really want? The status of owning one? Honestly, I am happy with my cellphone being just a cellphone. It was cheap to buy, its cheap to operate, and it will be cheap to replace. For that matter, the iPod Touch does everything that the iPhone will do with the exception of GPS location and 3G internet access. Unless you spend a ton of time wandering around begging for internet access where there is no wi-fi, what good is either feature? Just get an iPod touch, skip the contract and other hassles of selling your soul to ATT, and get on with your life. It's not like carrying a phone and a mp3 player is going to give you a hernia.

G

To those of you crying over verizon denying the iPhone deal or what not, It was apple refusing the deal because VERIZON locks their phones down with Their customized my software, which is the main reason i was only with verizon for 60 days. Dropped calls, I didnt like their software, and i payed my ETF! yes I have an iPhone 3G.

Status
Not open for further replies.