Report: RIM Considering Selling Off Handset Division

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
"First of all, "occupy wall street" types don't want smaller government. They want more (bigger) government, with its fingers in every faucet of life and business."

No, zombie. Occupy wants Wall Street OUT of our govt. Business have no business in our govt.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Who would buy RIM hardware.... it wouldn't make sense.

There isn't much to RIM... anything they sell off, kills them. Either they fight and live or sell the biz and go on vacation.

Look what happened to Palm, 3Com... it divided, sold and eventually died.

xjoedisorderx

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
[citation][nom]alextheblue[/nom]First of all, "occupy wall street" types don't want smaller government. They want more (bigger) government, with its fingers in every faucet of life and business. A desire for larger government also goes hand in hand with wanting free stuff (entitlements) too. Second, Madden doesn't compete with MLB2K, since MLB is Major League Baseball. NFL2K, on the other hand, DOES compete with Madden. You could have just said "2K Sports" instead, though.Anyway, while I agree to some extent with your sentiment regarding competition, there's a couple of things to keep in mind. BlackBerry is not really competition at this point, for anyone - and it's their own fault. They've fallen so far behind, and have released many products which are underwhelming at best (barely better than a dumbphone), and downright flawed and problematic at worst. Why would we prop them up if they can't stand on their own two feet? They had huge marketshare, and they sat on their laurels while others marched on steadily. They refused to see the market was changing, and when they finally did, they couldn't adapt quickly enough.I wish them the best of luck with BB 10. If that doesn't work, they should build Android 4.x and WP8 devices equipped with BB-exclusive apps. I would consider buying one.[/citation]

First its FACET, second of all I was speaking of Madden being the only football game and having ZERO competition and how it has lacked any real innovation in recent years, similar to 2kSports and MLB 2k series...thought that was an easy one to figure out... Third if in fact OWS wants larger gov, they want corporations to give away products and make no money... And finally to get back on topic they are competition they have 75+ million users and no one was asking for you or anyone else to prop them up, I was stating that they are working towards a better platform then previously used and they have made huge steps to make current handset amazing and worth while. Its fools like BGR, Engaget, and hell Toms, plus people like yourself with blinders on to say things like

"They've fallen so far behind, and have released many products which are underwhelming at best (barely better than a dumbphone), and downright flawed and problematic at worst. Why would we prop them up if they can't stand on their own two feet". Then turn around and say WP8 is something RIM should look into using... GIVE ME A BREAK! WP7 has not done a damn thing and still has less market share than RIM on a national and especially international level, but you and everyone else can just keep being negative and give the US market to two substandard OS'.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]Blackberry had so many chances to succeed, but failed to deliver when it counted the most. The torch (their only real touch phone) was so glitch ridden and the haptic feedback so terrible that no one wanted to use it. Their only hope for survival was to piggyback on Android's coat tails by allowing APK installations, but this didn't really work properly in the PB and until BB10 comes out its all up in the air.[/citation]

You know when people haven't used a BlackBerry and is making FUD up when they call the Torch one with haptic feedback.

That was the Storm, you genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.