Report: Samsung Considering Buying WebOS

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

@dalethepcman

lol nice, should i consider myself roasted nicely? i dont know i guess i must really be a caveman then, but all those functions you have mentioned remind that i spend more time living life rather than with my head in a smartphone, there is a time and a place to remote into your PC i figure on a smartphone would not be that time and place, ive yet to realize why i would ever need to instantly upload a picture (flicker maybe the only thing that comes to mind for that, but unlike some folks i do not feel the need to share my life with the countless faceless denizens of the internet), and the online language translation is laughable at the best of time unless you want to ask directions to the nearest train station

you also missed the fact that in your original post you said phone not smartphone, and the principle function of a phone is to communicate

so because im a geek or a technophiles that makes me a senseless idiot then? cause i can tell you from a consumer point of view a smart phone does not make sense, for the amount of cash im paying for one of those things i dont see the value, a smart phone is not that much different from a tablet and as proven by the touchPad debacle, price is important, ive yet to come across a smart phone with the right feature and price point to entice me to buy especially seeing that im going have to tie myself to a god awful contract to make the most of it, which current is not much, i have yet to come across a killer app that really justify the need for a smart phone, please do share me one of those killer apps

so remind me again which of us is trolling

vision33r

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
Samsung suck at software, a WebOS purchase will be the worst purchase ever. This is a company that can't even release timely updates for their smartphones.

Yea, it took almost exactly 10 months for Samsung to release Gingerbread OTA update to all their Galaxy phones. Great job, if that's how long it takes them to update a friggin shell "TouchWhiz" on top of Gingerbread. There's no way they can compete against Apple and Microsoft.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
so remind me again which of us is trolling
"I must be a troll" sais DaleThePcMan to the anonymous being named cavetroll....
and the principle function of a phone is to communicate
Actually its to make phone calls.
that makes me a senseless idiot
You took the words right out of my mouth. Ignorance is bliss.

You argue like that guy in "The Princess Bride" "Never make a bet with a Sicilian when Death is on the line. Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha........ thump"

Status
Not open for further replies.