Report: Wii HD May Appear Next Year

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clickwir

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
I agree that gameplay comes before graphics, but the graphics bar has been set by the current gen of consoles (Xbox360 and PS3). They have to be at least at that bar or higher for a 'Next Gen' console.

In other words, if the next version of Wii Bowling has jaggies and doesn't use ample anti-aliasing, I will not buy it.

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
[citation][nom]AdamB5000[/nom]"So we're still going to focus on the gameplay"Truer words n'er spoken. Cheers.[/citation]

What game play? holding a stick and weld it around like an idiot ? Cant do crap with it. and its outdated graphics hurts my eyes.

Oh yes I have a wii, and its been collecting dust for almost 2 years.

oh yeah. Wii is garbage.

G

Is there any way that, like the old video chipset hype, Tom's could stop reporting analyst opinion as news?

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]CChick[/nom]What game play? holding a stick and weld it around like an idiot ? Cant do crap with it. and its outdated graphics hurts my eyes. Oh yes I have a wii, and its been collecting dust for almost 2 years.oh yeah. Wii is garbage.[/citation]
Sure, its graphics aren't as good, but they work.
If you want good graphics, go spend 2k on a computer, otherwise, the Wii works just fine.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]CChick[/nom]What game play? holding a stick and weld it around like an idiot ? Cant do crap with it. and its outdated graphics hurts my eyes. Oh yes I have a wii, and its been collecting dust for almost 2 years.oh yeah. Wii is garbage.[/citation]

you sound like the rest of the lazy @$$'s who'd rather sit on a couch and tap buttons all day then do any physical activity at all.

also if the graphics hurt your eyes you either need a thicker pair of glasses or need to get your head checked

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
He said that consumers will pass up the current Nintendo console for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 because they offer more feature rich gameplay and better graphics. This will definitely hold true once Microsoft launches Project Natal and Sony unleashes its motion controller next year.

it takes more than a motion control system to emulate the success of the wii. for starters, your console has to be the cheapest, and you also have to be the company that makes mario and pokemon.

sad, but its true.

hannibal

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
If console maker wants really upgrade their GPU it should have at least DX11 type of abilities (most propably they will be more like a hybrid between DX11 and DX12). And at this moment DX11 compatible GPU's are a little bit too expensive for really cheap consoles. Megamanx00 can be right about upscaler at this time. Real CPU + GPU upgrade are still a couple of years away. IMHO
But if (I really doupt) Nitendo can put up real DX11 compatible console next year, it would put some pressure on Sony and Microsoft, but I still think that it would be too expensive at this moment.
It is nice to see how expensive low price ATI 5650 and dowgraded Ferni GPU's from Nvidia are next year. If they are near 50$ maybe...

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]Yea forget the console, where can I find one of those girls you got in that pic? I'll take 2 of her[/citation]Pretty girls are all over the place. You're just too busy playing video games to notice.

fleetwood123

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
[citation][nom]megamanx00[/nom]Oh they can just put in a chip to automatically upscale the image and then call in the Wii HD. No sense in spending more money to upgrade the GPU just to output to HD TVs as games would still need to run on the original Wiis. Nintendo still actually makes money on selling just the Wii itself, unlike Microsoft or Sony which loose money when you buy their machine, so I wouldn't expect any new systems from Nintendo soon.[/citation]
You are so wrong, where are you Sources? Microsoft has been making Profit on the 360 lately, your statement is true when it was released back in 2005!

fleetwood123

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
LOL all the Nintendo Fans got Angry and Smashed their mouse to vote you Negative.

fleetwood123

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
[citation][nom]matt87_50[/nom]it takes more than a motion control system to emulate the success of the wii. for starters, your console has to be the cheapest, and you also have to be the company that makes mario and pokemon.sad, but its true.[/citation]
Reason Nintendo Wii made huge sales was because it's Motion Controller was a huge new Idea. The idea was good but Nintendo intended the motionplus to be what the Wiimote isn't. As of now Wii sales have slowdown and even the PS3 has surpassed it in monthly sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.