Resale a Gaming Laptop?

DMs_ZC

Honorable
May 31, 2013
Hey guys, I've got a quick question. About a year and a half ago I bought a gaming laptop because I thought I was going to be on the move a lot but still wanted the capability of playing games. However, now that I'm going to be in the same location for a while I want to build my own desktop.

Anyway, my question is how much do you think I could get for my laptop and would it even be worth selling.

About the laptop:
I bought it from Digital Storm the very start of 2012 for around $1300 (I can't remember the exact price off the top of my head).

I think it still has about a year and a half left on the hardware warranty (again, I'm not entirely sure).

Cosmetically it has a few dings but the screen, keyboard, webcam and hardware all work perfectly.

Specs:

15.6" 1920 X 1080 res

Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.20GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M

12GB DDR3

500GB Hard Drive (7200 rpm)

Realtek RTL8188CE Wireless LAN 802.11n Combo

Running on windows 7, 64-bit

(2)USB 3.0
(2)USB 2.0
DMMC/SD/MS port
e-SATA port
HDMI port
Hookup for fiberwire
Standard DVD disk drive (nothing fancy)
BlueTooth Capable
FingerPrint Scanner
Multitouch track pad

Please forgive any misused terminology as I haven't done much with computers in quite some time. Also if I left anything out please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

DMs_ZC

Honorable
May 31, 2013

Only 3-400? Even on something like craigslist? Granted, pretty soon its not going to be able to play all the newest games on highest settings but its still a solid all around laptop for whatever you might want to do. Isn't it going to be able to outperform new $600-700 standard, run of the mill laptops?

rex4235

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
Yea, it will... but its used. Used tanks the resale value. Nothing is a guarantee, definitely try it. Throw it on Craigslist for more than you want (but not too much otherwise people wont even bother)

Expect people to lowball you all day. Maybe someone will come along and buy it for what you want (will likely be the person who doesnt realize that laptop gaming is a waste)

DMs_ZC

Honorable
May 31, 2013

I guess it can't hurt to throw it up there like you said, who knows maybe I'll get a bite. Just out of curiosity are you in the Corps?

DMs_ZC

Honorable
May 31, 2013

Very nice. My girlfriend was just accepted to the United States Naval Academy and will be joining the Marine Corps as an officer and I'm hopping to be admitted into OCS upon completion of college.