Reset laptop leaving personal info

Dec 7, 2018
Reset Acer i5 laptop and cleans everthing except one item I cant get rid of. I went into the Reset PC and selected Remove everything. Since I am giving to a friend, I went through the setup for Windows 10 and just created and Admin User and a temporary email of Removed. All finished and I go into settings, accounts, and for Admin User it is showing my personal email for a PayPal account that I used for Office 365. I did not reinstall Office. Laptop is clean of all apps. It will not let me delete this information unless I change the payment type. I don't want to do that as it will mess up what I am using on my new laptop. Is this something in the registry I need to remove? I can send screenshots if needed.

Solution

Yes once the final reboot is done and it's there at the first logon screen you can turn it off. When it turns on it will just go back to that screen.
Dec 7, 2018

Dec 7, 2018
When I did the last reset, I only entered NON PERSONAL information. The email I used was a "fake" and user is Admin but it still pulled in my PayPal info. Even if I do as you said, I don't think that will work since I tried using generic info and non of my own. Or am I missing something?

If the laptop was really wiped and you did not use any info or accounts tied to you, I don't see how it can have any of your information in it. Something that was put in is linked to you.

Start the laptop, hit Alt + F10 during boot, you should see a reset system option menu. Select factory default. That will setup the system like new.

Dec 7, 2018

Dec 7, 2018
Sorry to be ignorant but when I do a reset, can machine be turned off after reset is done and it's waiting for account information? I am listing for sale and don't know how long it will be listed before it sells. Or should I do nothing until I get a buyer and do the reset after I sell it and hand it over to the while its on and ready for information

Yes once the final reboot is done and it's there at the first logon screen you can turn it off. When it turns on it will just go back to that screen.

Solution
Dec 7, 2018