Retron 5 Plays Video Games from 10 Classic Consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy Cab

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Things like this are always interesting but for $100.00 I will stick to my OUYA since it does all that and more very well.

Robert Poole

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
In the text you mentioned Sega Master System but I didn't see that anywhere in the video review. Can you explain how SMS games can be played on this system?

Justin Brandau

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
Robert- to play Master System Games you'll need the old Power Base Converter that came out for the Genesis back in the day. That's why the controller holder on the back is shaped the way it is to accommodate the adapter.

Michael Johns

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
There's no easy, legal way to bring classic titles into the digital age....except for a flash media cartridge. I do not know if the Retron 5 supports these, but if it does it would be awesome.

Michael Johns

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
And as far as "legal" goes, there are few risks of a lawsuit for violating copyright law on a vintage/outdated console system....but collectors often have a significant amount of the titles already on the shelf. This avoids having to keep pulling them out to play them.

bloodroses75

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
So, does this console emulate these other consoles or does it contain all the same chips the originals did, crammed in one case. Also, how is good is the compatibility as some of these other multi-consoles don't run every game properly. Finally, does this system contain all the expansion ports so that devices like the Sega CD can be hooked up to it?

BenJammin79

Estimable
Apr 9, 2014
Well now, maybe I’m being greedy, but confused as to why we got no direct Master System slot. An Atari 2600 and 5200 slot would be great too. ,ay wait for a system with N64 compat (Patents up next year right?). Would love to know whether the 32X and the Mega CD are compatible. Also, do we know if this one works with all of the special chip sets like the Super FX chip, the Sega DSP/SVP, or even the oddball one from NES Castlevania III (My FX Twin won’t play it)?

Status
Not open for further replies.