Review: A Trio of HP Laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

erichlund

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
[citation][nom]erichlund[/nom]Wow[/citation]
What I meant to say, before the site automatically posted my message when I merely logged in:

HP dv2 - $650 15" MacBook Pro - $1580 - $2100 on the site I looked on. I bet HP could have included a better battery for a THOUSAND BUCKS, including a faster processor, better graphics, etc.

I don't get why this site always uses inappropriate references. I'm not saying HP is the best thing since sliced bread. They're the Ford / GM of PC makers. Would you compare a Ford to a BMW?

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
[citation][nom]erichlund[/nom]What I meant to say, before the site automatically posted my message when I merely logged in:HP dv2 - $650 15" MacBook Pro - $1580 - $2100 on the site I looked on. I bet HP could have included a better battery for a THOUSAND BUCKS, including a faster processor, better graphics, etc.I don't get why this site always uses inappropriate references. I'm not saying HP is the best thing since sliced bread. They're the Ford / GM of PC makers. Would you compare a Ford to a BMW?[/citation]
I guess I would compare a ford to a bmw if I was interested in what parts create the difference between the low end and the high end. They aren't in the same class--that's a given--but the vast difference in performance is still something to remind yourself of, as a tech enthusiast. That said, this article should've also made comparison to machines it its same class, so good point.

G

amd turion x2 rm75 @ 2.2ghz on my hp pavilion dv6 1211ax scores 5.0 wei on vista which beats the intel core2duo t7250 @ 2.0ghz on my sony vaio lappy which only managed a wei score of 4.9 on vista and equals score of 5.0 with intel c2d t6500 @ 2.1ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.