Rickroll Video Removed Due to Copyright Claim from AVG

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Maybe that very link should be removed, because people recognize the link when directly to youtube and not some url shortener. Can't rickroll somebody if they recognize the final part of the link and don't click. Need to use one of the other thousand copies of that song to rickroll people.

gtvr

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
[citation][nom]The_Trutherizer[/nom]One would think Rick Astley has the copyright[/citation]

probably the studio, not him.

pedro_mann

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
[citation][nom]blazorthon[/nom]It's not as good as good as it used to be. It's one of the more bloated and less effective AV programs available now.[/citation]
I quit reccomending them at my computer shop in 2009. They got all spammy with their nag screens. Yes, I agree they should urge people to pay somehow. But, cusomters were complaining about the "pre-installed" software. Also, they are trying to fight the tidal wave of fake AV viruses. The best way to do that is through legitimacy and minimizing nag screens.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]Puff3r[/nom]Your comment was still valid as AVG also has a [word deleted] free anti-virus suite available.[/citation]
Fixed that for ya.
Sorry, but AVG is getting worse and worse. Detection rates are on the decline, and consumed system resources are on the rise. There's certainly nothing wrong with Avast, though. Personally, I like the even-more-lightweight MSE, but wouldn't be opposed to using Avast.

slicedtoad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
avg hasn't been good for a while.... I'd prefer to use the built in windows defender.'
If you want an AV, eset is the way to go, either pay for it or pirate it, idc.
Any one that's the least bit techy shouldn't be too concerned about viruses on windows 7 though. At most, they should take you half an hour to remove. Complicated rootkits only worked in XP; with windows 7 almost every virus has an easy fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.