Solved! Ridding Your PC of uTorrent Virus

strtrodder49

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
Has anyone ever successfully deleted their PC of the uTorrent Virus? If so, would like to hear back from you as to what you did.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from strtrodder49 : "Ridding Your Computer of uTorrent"

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from strtrodder49 : "uTorrent Additional Request for Information"

strtrodder49

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016

strtrodder49

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016

Unsure what you mean by "Right click any you find and click End Process then quickly go back to the "in use" screen and click the "Try again" button. You also mentioned that this is a "Program" and I can just uninstall". First I am 68 (almost 69) and, don't understand a word that you are saying. Additionally, you mentioned "utorrent is a program, just uninstall it". From what I read on the internet "utorrent" is a virus. There is nothing to uninstall from the list of programs that I have on my PC. Please give me step-by-step instructions of where to go and, what to do.

Thank you.

Paul Vollmer
Retired U.S. Air Force

USAFRet

Illustrious

uTorrent is indeed an application, not a "virus".

To uninstall?
Assuming Windows 10:

WIN+S (to open the search mechanism)
type in uTorrent
The application will appear at the top of the little window
klhzNDa.jpg

Right click, and select Uninstall.
2JIrcr4.jpg

strtrodder49

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
By The Way (Forgot to Mention this earlier), Thanks for the Response!

I have Windows 7 and, NOT Windows 10. When you go to the programs listed on my PC, unfurtunately for me, "uTorrent" isn't listed, thus there isn't anything listed to delete. If it was, I would have already deleted it.

It shows up in the C: Section as an App but when you try to delete it - nothing allows it to be deleted.

Thanks again for your help and, appreciate any "other" type of feedback that you might be able to think of.

Paul

P.S. Sorry for the late reply as I am permanently retired here to the Republic of the Philippines (ROP) (am 15-hours ahead of PST / 12-hours ahead of EST) and, the internet isn't the greatest (the #1 Problem that many of us retired veterans have who decided to retire back here to the ROP with our Philippine-American Spouses.

USAFRet

Illustrious
Solution

strtrodder49

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016

strtrodder49

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
Sorry for being late with this response. Saw that uTorrent was running in programs as an app. Finally was able to delete the program by renaming it withing the Task Manager. Realized that uTorrent is also a program referred to as "WShelper" that wouldn't allow my PC to close down effectively at the end of the day. Now have a couple of other computer issues as I noticed that my PC isn't performing a Backup Image as it was supposed to do every so often (as the external hard-drive that was turned-on for both external hard drives that I run, somehow shut off. Turned both back on and, am now running a diagnostic test for each of these, to see if they were somehow damaged when we had a weird power outage a couple of weeks ago (which isn't so uncommon here in the ROP).

Thanks for your help.

Paul Vollmer

P.S. You can consider this item to be closed.