RIM Stocks Take a Hit Following PlayBook Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

First :D!!
Anyways, RIM is all about hype. They chase the wrong markets with the wrong equipment.
Look at a comparison between apple and RIM. Both released tablets. But both are different by a HUGE margin. The playbook released without the essential softwares working.
Then again it is being recalled. What kind of company does that :S?

ok.. being Canadian, Im proud that RIM is a canadian company. BUT there is no national pride in having a company so stupid and daft.

The tablet market is very similar to the Netbook market. Both of which are dying. Why would you carry a netbook? You cant write on it. If you want writing, why dont you get a tablet? Lenovo X220t allows 19hrs of battery life.. 9 more than the Ipad does.

Playbook started with all the wrong ingredients. first, it had a fresh new operating system. Which opened their door to a barrage of bugs. Second, it is going to merge Android apps, another barrage of bug. Third, there is pretty much nothing that sets it apart.

Showing of playbook in a Black-eyed Peas music video which itself was crappy is yet more crappy.

They release Blackberry Torch which has sooo bad battery life. It is essentially a bold, with the same processor, same graphics engine, same screen etc. It is slow. etc etc.

Now they will release new Torch, new curve, etc etc. Others will pretty much be crappy as others. They need to design ONE phone, which is SOLID, as little bugs as possible.

Nokia tried to barrage customers with cellphones. They were like a chinese salesman saying "you want this phone? if not, how do you like this? or this? or that? or maybe this one?"
Dude, its all the same phone, all crappy.

Iphone on the other hand has a class feel to it. Its nice stirdy, no creaking, no light bleed.
There are Samsung Galaxy phones too, which are nice as well. But what sets a blackberry apart? maybe its BBM.. thats it. But a BBM is not a functionality of phone. its just another software; its not like they have FaceTime or smth.

Let me give you another example of quality problem.
I owned a Torch. Very often when I am talking to someone, I hold the phone against my cheek. Somehow the call would accidentally drop the call, or flip to another page, or call someone else while I am in a call. Why? the touch screen was active while I had it against my cheek.

Do I have this problem with the samsung Galaxy? or the Iphone?
NOPE.

Another problem. MAN! the accelerometer on the torch is so sensitive. If you are on your bed, and trying to write a text, and you turn to the right, the screen rotates with the slightest tilt :S.
The only way to stop it tilting is to slide it open. What? RIM you couldn't put a screen that could allow users to adjust the sensitivity of the accelerometer? But yeah, you had enough time to put in tons of options to encrypt your phone. And then when my little daughter puts in the wrong password twice, you WIPE my phone clean. NICE NICE :) ... NOT!

Stupid company.. with stupid phones. MAKE ONE PHONe.. and make it the best.. please..

G

First :D!!
Anyways, RIM is all about hype. They chase the wrong markets with the wrong equipment.
Look at a comparison between apple and RIM. Both released tablets. But both are different by a HUGE margin. The playbook released without the essential softwares working.
Then again it is being recalled. What kind of company does that :S?

ok.. being Canadian, Im proud that RIM is a canadian company. BUT there is no national pride in having a company so stupid and daft.

The tablet market is very similar to the Netbook market. Both of which are dying. Why would you carry a netbook? You cant write on it. If you want writing, why dont you get a tablet? Lenovo X220t allows 19hrs of battery life.. 9 more than the Ipad does.

Playbook started with all the wrong ingredients. first, it had a fresh new operating system. Which opened their door to a barrage of bugs. Second, it is going to merge Android apps, another barrage of bug. Third, there is pretty much nothing that sets it apart.

Showing of playbook in a Black-eyed Peas music video which itself was crappy is yet more crappy.

They release Blackberry Torch which has sooo bad battery life. It is essentially a bold, with the same processor, same graphics engine, same screen etc. It is slow. etc etc.

Now they will release new Torch, new curve, etc etc. Others will pretty much be crappy as others. They need to design ONE phone, which is SOLID, as little bugs as possible.

Nokia tried to barrage customers with cellphones. They were like a chinese salesman saying "you want this phone? if not, how do you like this? or this? or that? or maybe this one?"
Dude, its all the same phone, all crappy.

Iphone on the other hand has a class feel to it. Its nice stirdy, no creaking, no light bleed.
There are Samsung Galaxy phones too, which are nice as well. But what sets a blackberry apart? maybe its BBM.. thats it. But a BBM is not a functionality of phone. its just another software; its not like they have FaceTime or smth.

Let me give you another example of quality problem.
I owned a Torch. Very often when I am talking to someone, I hold the phone against my cheek. Somehow the call would accidentally drop the call, or flip to another page, or call someone else while I am in a call. Why? the touch screen was active while I had it against my cheek.

Do I have this problem with the samsung Galaxy? or the Iphone?
NOPE.

Another problem. MAN! the accelerometer on the torch is so sensitive. If you are on your bed, and trying to write a text, and you turn to the right, the screen rotates with the slightest tilt :S.
The only way to stop it tilting is to slide it open. What? RIM you couldn't put a screen that could allow users to adjust the sensitivity of the accelerometer? But yeah, you had enough time to put in tons of options to encrypt your phone. And then when my little daughter puts in the wrong password twice, you WIPE my phone clean. NICE NICE :) ... NOT!

Stupid company.. with stupid phones. MAKE ONE PHONe.. and make it the best.. please..

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]Resal[/nom]First !! Anyways, RIM is all about hype. They chase the wrong markets with the wrong equipment. Look at a comparison between apple and RIM. Both released tablets. But both are different by a HUGE margin. The playbook released without the essential softwares working...[/citation]

They chase one market really. Business.. the tablet they made is a ad don to their phone which is all it was advertised to be and all it is. So how is it missing any essential software? Dont say the contact list and email crap since the tablet is only suppose to work with a BB phone in the first place its a retarded argument some dumb ass who wrote and article put in everyones head. Its not meant to be some kiddie toy like the ipad. It was meant to add on more functionality to the phone and give it a larger screen to work with. Which it does perfectly and as it was advertised to do so the only flaw i really see here is its limited to BB phones. But since most people just want toys like it seems you do. Others want the most reliable secure business devices they can get. Ill stick with rim because i want a real phone not a bunch of gimmicks and bs.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I've been playing with investment simulators and have held RIM stock since the beginning, but I jumped ship last week. $45 a share (losing $25 per) was bad enough, and more of this.

However, I disagree that RIM is completely failing to attract young users. A lot of people in the Vancouver area do use one, including high school students and such. I think there's the benefit of BBM and its hardware keyboard that remains largely the same across many generations - so if you get used to one, you won't have to relearn the patterns, quirks and such.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I really hope that RIM can turn around and start making good products. Its really going to take a major shift though. If they can come out with a couple of bold/decent products, it might be worth picking up a little stock.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]enforcer22lamer[/nom]enforcer22: just b/c you dumped all your money in RIM stock dont take rimshots at others, please.[/citation]

I don't own stock sorry :) Being a hypocrite well you do that well.
I also didn't take a shot at him all i did was point out something. Course your likely him since your hiding behind a fake screen name. Your play on words also really lame light years away from funny.. have a nice day now ty bye bye.

G

sorry to say, but being a galaxy tab user and now using a playbook, and also being a technical analyst, I can say with confidence that RIM has nothing to worry about, especially when they are targeted with reports like this without even mentioning that it has the best browsing experience available on a tablet hands down. if anyone wants to get educated on why, i have pages of reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.