RIM to Cut 2000 Jobs, Will Lose 10% of Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Not likely in decline, IBM did the same thing a few years ago and is still continuing it's staffing cull, they are not a company in decline either.

This is called being efficient.

G

I actually can't tolerate the spam here any longer.

That's me done. Account terminated.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Not likely in decline, IBM did the same thing a few years ago and is still continuing it's staffing cull, they are not a company in decline either.This is called being efficient.[/citation]I don't know, I mean how people do you see with brand new Blackberries these days? For smartphones it's either iPhone, Androiws, or WP7.

As far as tablets go, I don't know one person with a Playbook. Plus they are discounting them, so that's a sign too.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]soo-nah-mee[/nom]I don't know, I mean how people do you see with brand new Blackberries these days? For smartphones it's either iPhone, Androiws, or WP7. As far as tablets go, I don't know one person with a Playbook. Plus they are discounting them, so that's a sign too.[/citation]
Depends, how many people do you know?
The consumer market is the one that shouts the loudest on tech forums but certainly doen't have the biggest purchase power.
The real money is in the commercial sector, pretty much every new phone issued in a corporate environment is a Blackberry and the recent Federal Government certification for the Playbook will go a long way too.

I actually can't tolerate the spam here any longer.

That's me done. Account terminated.

Are you still there?

Sorry ... I had to defrag the discombobulator and reterminate the helicalphase canistors on the third backup server as they were making the hard drives wobble a picometre.

This caused the site banners to flicker slightly when you log back on to the main page.

I also had to degauss the RAM ... a frightening experience.

One of the techs held my feet on the ground whilst we energised the repulsor field to ensure the building did not oscillate ... we are 10 stories up.

I didn't tell eny of the businesses below us ... no need to know IT nearly destroyed them.

All in a day ...

Make post number 238 match my effort here and I'll know your serious about being a Toms User ... and not some whiney kid !!

/goes back to backing up floppies.

:)

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]web11[/nom]This wouldn't be happening if they had started making android phones instead of insisting on blackberries.[/citation]

i don't think companies would want to switch to the android OS in the first place. seeing they have been using it since the beginning

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
Jane! tsk, tsk, tsk. you missed an opportunity to make an awesome headline here. like..."RIM Jobs Cut: Staff Shrinks In Size!"

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
[citation][nom]slabbo[/nom]Jane! tsk, tsk, tsk. you missed an opportunity to make an awesome headline here. like..."RIM Jobs Cut: Staff Shrinks In Size!"[/citation]

Haha 1st thing I was thinking; Rim jobs now 10% less :)

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
I don't see Playbook as a good fit for the people that use Rim, so this comes as no surprise.

Anyone I know who uses Rim does so for the secure e-mail. Sounds paranoid, but business espionage is a real problem, especially when it comes to bidding on contracts.

SmileyTPB1

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2006
[citationI had to defrag the discombobulator and reterminate the helicalphase canistors on the third backup server as they were making the hard drives wobble a picometre.This caused the site banners to flicker slightly when you log back on to the main page.I also had to degauss the RAM ... a frightening experience.One of the techs held my feet on the ground whilst we energised the repulsor field to ensure the building did not oscillate ... we are 10 stories up.I didn't tell eny of the businesses below us ... no need to know IT nearly destroyed them.All in a day .../goes back to backing up floppies.[/citation]

LMFAO

I love my Curve ... as a productivity tool for work it is ideal.

Robust, good secure e-mail facilities, internet works ok.

Documents to go works well ... keyboard is well set out.

Battery life is good.

Quality phone - signal strength / hands free / optimum size.

Don't get me started on the last ouch phone I had or the i-phone fragile screen.

The Curve also doesn't mind a bit of moisture.

8Gb card in it means plenty of room for stuff.

I'll get another one when this one dies.

Call me a dinosaur ...

Status
Not open for further replies.