RIM's BlackBerry Service Out for Third Day Running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]wingartz[/nom]as soon as i can get rid of my contract bye bye rim no more blackberry for me, i'll become again an izombie, ty[/citation]

At least you admit you're an idiot.

DrgnRebrn

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
I agree. Today was so frustrating for me. I never realized how much I've depended on my Blackberry device, until it stopped being a productivity tool for me. As soon as I'm able, I'm switching to an Android, or Apple device.

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
[citation][nom]DrgnRebrn[/nom]I agree. Today was so frustrating for me. I never realized how much I've depended on my Blackberry device, until it stopped being a productivity tool for me. As soon as I'm able, I'm switching to an Android, or Apple device.[/citation]

I don't get it. Can't you till shoot someone an SMS? You can still call them too no?

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]You can't get email, use BBM or the internet for one day and you're switching devices?..lmao. You can still make calls and use SMS. If you're in the US service was out for a day, UK going on 3 days. It was down for maybe 12 hours for me in Boston. Man some people...[/citation]

They featured a story here in Toronto how some 14 year olds were going crazy because they were out of service.

G

It was me, I did it! Got sick and tired of having the company think I am at their beck and call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week because they game me one of the damn things. Giving me a blackberry does not mean I don't have a life to live.

One day the rest of you will wake up and thank me for giving you some time off away from work ;-)

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
Another nail in the coffin for RIM, something radically new needs to happen to them or they will go out of business for sure now. large-scale failures like this simply shouldn't happen, especially if businesses and people need to rely on their phones to function properly (which is mostly everybody by now).

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Internet and emails have been working intermittently. Biggest problem is the emails simply because its the only contact short of face to face with my lecturers. Currently I'm firing off 5-6 emails a day working on my final year project. Its kinda annoying having to get to a wifi hotspot just to check email with a laptop when out and about! I want to know where I stand legally since the device isn't doing what it was bought for......

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
yeah, a failsafe backup system that only works in a test environment. Maybe they need to install another backup system to their backup system.

ArgleBargle

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
My contract is coming up for renewal next month. Possibly looking at a different carrier, definitely looking at a Nexus Prime or Galaxy 2/3 depending which one is available in N America. I have a BB Curve 8900, and it is absolutely useless with internet pages, even when hooked into wifi. My friends with their iPhones and Androids can pull up the movie site, while my BB is "requesting the page" or "running scripts" for well over 5 minutes. Absolute, wretched, dismal failure on Blackberry's part. Will never buy another.

wingartz

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
[citation][nom]aftcomet[/nom]I don't get it. Can't you till shoot someone an SMS? You can still call them too no?[/citation]

totally agree but why do i have to pay extra for the BIS service when in iphone or android there isn't such thing, and blackberry says that's the premium service??? BIS yeah right my socks are gold made

Status
Not open for further replies.