Rock Band Makers Creating New Beatles Music Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
Ugh, why do people still pretend that a bunch of mediocre musicians, with the lyrical abilities of jingle writers, to be so great?

I understand that they helped contribute to later Music, but that doesn't mean they're good, it just means that started a few things. Can we all stop pretending the Beatles has talent, and start listening to some real music rather than 5 minute jingles?

sheckie

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008
how does it feel to be so wrong Tindytim? they were mediocre musicians? if anything, i think that was their strongpoint.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
You tell me I'm wrong, then you agree with me?

My point is that there are bands that are so much more deserving (Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath). Not to mention I'm not interested in playing Pop while playing Rock Band. Although Rock Band has never been known for it's difficulty, I still think we could use a bit more of a challenge than 'Yellow Submarine'.

stboredum

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2007
it doesn't matter how successful latter bands where, the Beatles are still one of the largest music movements to cross America, which alone is amazing. There is nothing out there that can compare to what the Beatles did. Each member could write music and sing. Not to mention all latter bands fall into 2 categories: influenced by the Beatles or lying about it. There musical is undeniable to say they were mediocre is just plain ignorance. The Beatles are and always will be an influencing figure on the music world.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]stboredum[/nom]it doesn't matter how successful latter bands where, the Beatles are still one of the largest music movements to cross America, which alone is amazing.[/citation]
And where did I say they didn't make contributions to music? No where. Sure they may have been great back in the 60's, but there so many bands that are so much greater.

[citation][nom]stboredum[/nom]There is nothing out there that can compare to what the Beatles did. Each member could write music and sing.[/citation]
Just read those 2 sentences over a few times. Just about every boy band did that.

[citation][nom]stboredum[/nom]Not to mention all latter bands fall into 2 categories: influenced by the Beatles or lying about it.[/citation]
Not everyone was directly influenced by the Beatles. When you ask a band about their influences, you're not asking for a tree of bands that influenced the bands they were influenced by.

[citation][nom]stboredum[/nom]There musical is undeniable to say they were mediocre is just plain ignorance.[/citation]
I've listened to every album the beatles have released. I would much rather listen to something else. So I don't understand how it's 'ignorance'.

[citation][nom]stboredum[/nom]The Beatles are and always will be an influencing figure on the music world[/citation]
So will Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and J. P. "The Big Bopper" Richardson. But what does that have to do with their Music? Just because they had an effect on others doesn't make them great. And there are many bands more suited for a Rock Band game dedicated to them.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]sheckie[/nom]i don't see where i agreed with you. read it again.[/citation]
Read it again.
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]Ugh, why do people still pretend that a bunch of mediocre musicians, with the lyrical abilities of jingle writers, to be so great?[/citation]
[citation][nom]sheckie[/nom]i think that was their strongpoint.[/citation]

Status
Not open for further replies.