ROG GL753VE Ram and SSD upgrades

Raul Mkryan

Estimable
Sep 1, 2014
Hey everyone.
I bought a GL753VE 1 month ago, which has no SSD and only 8 GB of ram - 1 stick of it.
I plan to upgrade to an EVO 960 250gb M.2 PCIe SSD and another stick of 8GB 2400 ram, but I'm not sure if that ram will work well with the one that comes with the laptop. CPU Z shows 1197mhz and CR 2T, which means it's a 2400 stick, right? Will any brand 2400 stick work well in dual channel mode, or no? And I'm not sure, whether the slowness of the laptop comes from its crappy 5400 rpm HDD or is it defective. It's way too slow, sometimes even my cursor gets frozen while doing basic Photoshop tasks or opening/closing heavy/semi-heavy programs. Whenever I look at the performance in the task manager, I see that the HDD is peaking at 100% while all the other components are below 70%, so I'm guessing that excludes them from the possible reasons' list, right?

I'd really appreciate any kind of help,

Thanks!

i bet there is a lot of background process that cause the slow down especially windows process like updates,cortana etc.an ssd will definitely fix the slow down.the main fault is the 5400rpm drive itself.i am not sure if this will work with your laptop but i bought an acer vnitro with the gtx 1060 for my lil brother and mixing up the ram doesnt seem to be an issue as long as its at 2400mhz.unless u need a performance ram.

Depends on the board.but i do believe it supports nvme.but to be safe i suggest checking with the manufacturer site or forum.