News Roku just fixed one of the most annoying things about its remote

Feb 16, 2021
I beg to differ. The most annoying thing is roku remotes seem to be universal for all roku devices, meaning I can’t have two devices in the same room. One remote controls more than one device.

Feb 16, 2021
Actually... Since Roku integrated all the Pluto channels into the TV app, I'm pretty sure the most annoying thing is the lack of numbers! Or at least the ability to delete or favorite channels...

SleepyD

Estimable
Nov 14, 2020
I beg to differ. The most annoying thing is roku remotes seem to be universal for all roku devices, meaning I can’t have two devices in the same room. One remote controls more than one device.

i’m curious. Why do you need two Roku’s in the room?

SleepyD

Estimable
Nov 14, 2020
Actually... Since Roku integrated all the Pluto channels into the TV app, I'm pretty sure the most annoying thing is the lack of numbers! Or at least the ability to delete or favorite channels...

Have you tried creating an account with Pluto? I think you can favorites channels when you have logged into an account.

Feb 16, 2021
Oh Boy!

A rechargeable battery.

If it's built in, every few years when the battery dies out we'll have to go to the trouble and expense of replacing the entire device, just like the great majority of our so-called "smart" phones.

Next thing you know, they'll waterproof it so it's hard to open for repair and make it out of some pretty, but easily broken material like glass.

Feb 16, 2021
Have you tried creating an account with Pluto? I think you can favorites channels when you have logged into an account.

I don't think that would affect the "channels" that come after the OTA ones in the TV app. I could just use the Pluto app, but I do like flipping between OTA channels and streaming ones. I thought it was cool when they integrated them, I just wish there was an easier way to flip. Also, the counter-clockwise arrow button means "previous channel" when you're on a streaming channel, but on an OTA channel, it just rewinds 10 seconds or something. So I have to go back to the guide and scroll down. All petty complaints, I just hate when designers try to go all Apple and sacrifice utility for aesthetics.

Feb 16, 2021
Oh Boy!

A rechargeable battery.

If it's built in, every few years when the battery dies out we'll have to go to the trouble and expense of replacing the entire device, just like the great majority of our so-called "smart" phones.

Next thing you know, they'll waterproof it so it's hard to open for repair and make it out of some pretty, but easily broken material like glass.

But it would be so ELEGANT. Isn't every designer striving for approval from the ghost of Steve Jobs?

kyancy

Distinguished
May 8, 2012
I have to change my Roku remote batteries quite frequently at about once a month. I use the headphone jack extensively so guessing that's what drains my batteries much quicker than those on here who say they rarely or never change batteries.

Since I already have the Ultra remote, there's nothing about this leak that piques my interest in the least. In fact, the idea of proprietary rechargeable batteries actually concerns me as I can already use rechargeable AA batteries if I really want to and I hate to imagine being stuck with a dead remote one night where I can't just pop in new batteries.

Feb 19, 2021
The reason the app buttons are blanked out is because Roku sells those button spots to whomever pays the most money, plus they are sold in different varieties.

Purchase a Roku in Cali, and you might have Netflix, Amazon,Hulu, and HBOMax. Purchase in New York, and you might lose Hulu for Disney.

It's always about money, and keeping the buttons blank saves having to make multiple advertisements for the different regions.