Roku tv performance in Canada

Apr 11, 2018
Looking at a tv in US that has Roku. Since we will be returning to our home in western Canada will the services work here. Trying to decide if we will purchase the tv.

Solution
The services will work.... although there were some regional limitations last time I checked (admittedly a while ago).

Some of the services are US only and, while there are ways to maintain access (set up Roku account outside of Canada, configure VPN at your router etc), it's quite the hassle for what it is.

Depends what you want it for, and the premium you have to pay for it.
If the additional cost is >$50-$100, or you only want it for Netflix (for example) I wouldn't say it's worth it.
The services will work.... although there were some regional limitations last time I checked (admittedly a while ago).

Some of the services are US only and, while there are ways to maintain access (set up Roku account outside of Canada, configure VPN at your router etc), it's quite the hassle for what it is.

Depends what you want it for, and the premium you have to pay for it.
If the additional cost is >$50-$100, or you only want it for Netflix (for example) I wouldn't say it's worth it.

Solution