Question rooting a galaxy a51

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
does anyone know how to root the galaxy a51 phone? it seems my phone will not let me see my cameras when i use the metro pcs network and not any wifi. it does a fair job with wifi but almost nothing with the 4g network. i believe it is because this phone was at one time a tracfone and still uses that OS. the wifes phone is a metro pcs TCL phone and uses the metro pcs network also but boots with the metro pcs logo, mine boots with tracfone logos. her phone can see the cameras almost perfect. it does drop a bit but not enough t really bother. my phone shows for maybe 2 seconds a drops for almost a minute.

so i'm wondering if i was to root the galaxy a51 it if that may fix that tracfone boot issue and allow the phone to better use the metro pcs network. does anyone happen to have an idea if that may work.

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
well that sucks. i had my cameras at one time working when i had wifi off and away from home and now the last week that went away. i'm thinking of the galaxy a54 in the metro or t-mo brand for another updated phone. the wifes tcl phone shows the cameras perfectly on the metro brand, but the cameras suck and i need a good camera for taking the photos i do when i do repairs for people. when i had tracfone the cameras did show great with wifi off but i do not have tracfone anymore. anyway now i know and will not bother anymore.

i have a nokia x100 and that seems like a good phone but when i take photos and try to put them on the pc they always show in icons and never show in thumbs so that i can see the photo for putting them in the correct folders. if i could figure that out i would use that phone. maybe someone has a fis for that issue.

Jun 18, 2024
well that sucks. i had my cameras at one time working when i had wifi off and away from home and now the last week that went away. i'm thinking of the galaxy a54 in the metro or t-mo brand for another updated phone. the wifes tcl phone shows the cameras perfectly on the metro brand, but the cameras suck and i need a good camera for taking the photos i do when i do repairs for people. when i had tracfone the cameras did show great with wifi off but i do not have tracfone anymore. anyway now i know and will not bother anymore.

i have a nokia x100 and that seems like a good phone but when i take photos and try to put them on the pc they always show in icons and never show in thumbs so that i can see the photo for putting them in the correct folders. if i could figure that out i would use that phone. maybe someone has a fis for that issue.
Ok.. if you're trying to view thumbnails from the phone storage, all you'll get are the icons instead. I believe it's related to the device security encryption or storage data. When you manually move said files to the PC, the actual thumbnails should appear once opened from folder on PC unless your viewing options have been changed in the desktop. I also believe that some distros have separate viewing options for specific folders.. maybe something accidentally got clicked and you didn't notice? 🤔

Jun 18, 2024
As for phone options and customization capability, get a Factory unlocked Motorola from Best Buy/Amazon or a Metro/T-Mo device.. they have 50MP back cameras, 13+MP selfies, and custom ROMs usually available after 6mo post debut

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
do you have a modle for the motorola's so i can look for the one you are referring to? or is it one of these the moto g power device? and i will look for the metro carrier? plus will most any year work ? i see the processors are different but for normal calling and being able to use it to view my camera when gone from home? any processor from 2022 thru 2024 should be just do you think?
thanks

would a carrier unlocked phone work the same? as long as it is the metro carrier?

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2024
do you have a modle for the motorola's so i can look for the one you are referring to? or is it one of these the moto g power device? and i will look for the metro carrier? plus will most any year work ? i see the processors are different but for normal calling and being able to use it to view my camera when gone from home? any processor from 2022 thru 2024 should be just do you think?
thanks

would a carrier unlocked phone work the same? as long as it is the metro carrier?
Actually most of the Motorola G series are bootloader unlockable for Root purposes, just the Carrier devices have some waiting period before unlock process. As for custom ROMs and such, most of their 2021-2023 devices have options.

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
thanks i really do not want to do a root but the a51 just will not let me cameras show on my tracfone a51. this phone is now on the metro carrier and i'm thinking that may be why i'm having the issue. the wife's TCL metro phone will show the cameras perfect.

so i figure i may just get a metro phone and be done with it. if a unlocked phone will do the same as a factory unlocked phone that will open up a lot more choices. thanks