Route Android Phone Mic/Audio Through PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2018
Please, no VOIP, no Google Phone, no "Get a different phone" solutions. I want to be able to connect my existing Alcatel Pixi Theater (model DALW5004) cell phone to my PC in a way that lets me use the PC's microphone and speakers instead of the phone's microphone and speaker.

There's a 3.5mm headphone jack at the top of the phone that handles an actual mic-equipped headset just fine.

Surely I can run that to my PC's audio input/output ports somehow and use the much nicer (and much more adjustable and much louder) audio environment of the PC than the somewhat too-quiet one of the phone.

Yes, apps that make things louder. BTDTDW (been there, done that, didn't work).

Yes, a phone headset, BTDTDW.

I refuse to believe that something that outputs to a headset and accepts input from a headset can't send those outputs and accept those inputs from a PC's audio ports in a way that can't be usefully processed.

Gigabyte AB350 Gaming-3 Rev. 1 Motherboard.

It feels as if it might be as simple as putting a splitter on the 3.5 mm line out of the phone and plugging the mic and speaker parts into the speaker and mic parts of the PC, but I'm not confident enough about that to risk damaging my phone (If I could afford to replace the phone, I wouldn't be making this post).

May 23, 2018
I want to be able to connect my existing Alcatel Pixi Theater (model DALW5004) cell phone to my PC in a way that lets me use the PC's microphone and speakers instead of the phone's microphone and speaker.

I'm unclear what about that statement is confusing you.

I want to be able to talk into the microphone connected to my PC and hear the sounds from the speakers connected to my PC.

Perhaps I should try that in a different language?

Я хочу поговорить с микрофоном, подключенным к компьютеру, и услышать звуки от громкоговорителей, подключенных к компьютеру.

Saya mahu bercakap dengan mikrofon yang disambungkan ke komputer dan mendengar bunyi dari pembesar suara yang disambungkan ke komputer.

私はコンピュータに接続されたマイクと話をして、コンピュータに接続されたスピーカーからの音を聞きたい。

Ich möchte mit dem Mikrofon kommunizieren können, das mit meinem PC verbunden ist, und die Töne von den Lautsprechern hören, die an meinen PC angeschlossen sind.

If one of those doesn't do it for you, let me know what language you're most comfortable in and I'll do my best.

Status
Not open for further replies.