Rovio Sued Over Angry Birds Patent Infringement

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

it'd be nice if i knew where to go look for screenshots or pictures so i could figure out what all this mess is really about lol

illo

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
[citation][nom]SignMeUp[/nom]it'd be nice if i knew where to go look for screenshots or pictures so i could figure out what all this mess is really about lol[/citation]

or you could work on your reading comprehension

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
As much as I cant stand Rovio, I cant stand patent trolls even more, especially when they themselves dont even have their own product. Hopefully they end up getting their asses handed to them in court...

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
err, upgrade...

I'm sure someone else has a more generalized version of the same patent that could put Lodsys in their place.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]walter87[/nom]Its it just me, or do these lawsuits only happen after they become a massive success?[/citation]
Well yea, you can't squeeze money out of poor companies now can you?

mrmike_49

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
[citation][nom]mortsmi7[/nom]err, upgrade...I'm sure someone else has a more generalized version of the same patent that could put Lodsys in their place.[/citation]

yeah, maybe Apple - they did invent everything

jryan388

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
Ever played the flash game "Upgrade Complete"? Imagine if every button in that game was infringing on this patent... lol...

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
I hope IBM gets their patent on "the process of using a computer to make money from a patent portfolio". I wonder how many trolls would disappear.

idono

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011
The hell!! patent No. 7222078 describes a freaking abstract and verry broad way of gathering information at a centralized location between devices.

This is getting out of hand. The US is not just intentionally crashing the economy but they are completly flooding the NA patent systems with useless patents that halts innovation. I say the US should be cutof from any kind of internationall buisness.

G

I just patented buttons that allow users to submit their comments.

Pay Up Suckers.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]mortsmi7[/nom]err, upgrade...I'm sure someone else has a more generalized version of the same patent that could put Lodsys in their place.[/citation]
I'm sure Rambus or Apple has it somewhere in the folder of patents they've purchased or stolen....they just haven't found it yet...

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]walter87[/nom]Its it just me, or do these lawsuits only happen after they become a massive success?[/citation]
well, think of it this way. you are a company with lets say, a patent on the upgrade button. are you going to scoure the internet for every instance of this patent infringement? no you have better s*** to do. but once it becomes well known it may hit your radar. im not defending them, im just telling you how it probably goes.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009

i do, its patent 1234234456343563 and it describes a place on the screen that you click with finger/pen/cursor/mouse/joystic/d**k/or nipple, and it make a noise/turns a color/ animates/ or stays the same, but in all cases, something happens.

im sueing everyone on the planet, for 10 cents per implantation and per product, so if you have it in your game or application 100 times you owe me 10$ per every copy sold.

and im sueing for past products too.

Status
Not open for further replies.