Rumor: iPhone 5 to have 4-inch Display, New Dock Connector

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

izajasz

Distinguished
May 12, 2011
[citation][nom]heffeque[/nom]What about the micro-USB port standard? Shees! Can't they just all use THAT and that's it?[/citation]

Yeah. i dont like Apple and their products but i silently hoped that they will coem to their senses and switch the connector to micro USB so You can connect any charger You want ... But no . Its Apple afterall.

lathe26

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
The 30-pin connector was always a mish-mash of technologies that was not well designed but was adequate (analog audio, analog video, serial, USB, Firewire). As a result it has changed over the years which has made accessory hardware design tricky. This is probably Apple just cleaning up the mess a bit.

Unfortunately, they aren't going micro USB. I wonder how they are getting around the EU regulations.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
[citation][nom]chronicbint[/nom]Amusing, people are allowed to troll and abuse Apple but not Android.[/citation]

People love to latch on to every Apple rumor like it's a religion almost. Nobody does that with Android and I think I'm the only one that's been quick to point out how bad their naming schemes are - but other than that I love my Droid phone and this is coming from someone who's owned two iPhones (hated iPhone 4).

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
so apple will sell adaptrs so people can use the old docks? wow, loads of money huh.

and i think i remember somewhere that 3.5 inch is enough, is it 3.5? sorry i dont own iphone 4.
so they wont be following Jobs huh? they are bound to increase in screen size, its too small when using it to browse the web.

anyway i wont be buying this one as it will be too expensive for me

G

I highly doubt the content of this article. First, the design is 2-year-old already, it would be very disappointing for Apple to keep it. Second, changing the connector will make previous expensive accessories useless (ipod docks, etc), and people will get angry.

I don't give any credibility to this article.

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
Hey Apple, 2007 called, they want their UI back! Apple iOS is nothing but an app launcher.
Apple is just like EA, it is all about the money and sales, not the quality of the product. Yeah, lets not use micro usb like the rest of world.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]subaru41[/nom]Hey Apple, 2007 called, they want their UI back! Apple iOS is nothing but an app launcher.Apple is just like EA, it is all about the money and sales, not the quality of the product. Yeah, lets not use micro usb like the rest of world.[/citation]
This is my only real issue with my phone.. Ive had 2 iPhones and my last contract just ended.. I probably wont be upgrading for another few months anyway, but Im waiting to see if they update the UI with the release of the next iPhone.. If not, Im jumping ship.. Im getting seriously bored since the UI hasnt changed since I got my first iPhone about 4 years ago.. I still havent decided if I want to go Android or Windows Phone though.. The Galaxy S3 looks pretty tempting though..

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
LOL, the commenters are hilarious...

You guys practice an anti apple religion...

While getting a micro usb connector would be great the rest of the negative comments are unfounded.

OH and having to root my friend's 6 month old Samsung Galaxy so it has the most recent version of the OS is redic... It's the primary reason Android will be relegated to IT geeks instead of the general masses... 6 friends asking me to root their phones and turn off unnecessary crap.

I'll pay money to have a phone that works and doesn't crash, and doesn't run apps that cell provider installed and finally get's updates for 3 years instead of leaving the onus on me to do so...

Dark Comet

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008
[citation][nom]testerguy[/nom]I hope you found Samsung's use of screen size, duplication of old camera technology, half as fast GPU and Voice control 'magical innovation' too...[/citation]

As for GPU power do you mean the Samsung S2 vs Iphone 4S, which came out months after the S2? It's like hardware technology is progressing or something :O

Status
Not open for further replies.