Rumor: New iPhone to Launch July 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vettedude

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
Seem all better than the current, but I like the metal band around the screen. I don't own one though, and refuse to pay the apple tax on a phone so I won't be getting one either.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
Love the spec if that is really happening.

However, The thing I learned from the track record of previous iPhones and MS softwares.... it is better not to be the "guinea pig".

gabeiscoding

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Yea, I think the metal bound is a plus. I recently had a iPod touch attached to a portable speaker set fall off a table and land upside-down with the weight of the speaker set plowing it into cement and although the metal band is now a bit bent, the thing works perfectly and the screen did not crack. Yea metal band! You saved my touch!

G

I'll probably get an iPhone at some point in the future just because of the "wow" factor even though I do hate that Mac Tax...

For a few years now I've been using the 8830 pretty much exclusively for work and just forwarding my personal cell (Razor V3T). Few days ago I busted out the Razor and forgot how nice it it to have a small, simple, slick looking cell phone that people can't email me on. Maybe when it's time for a phone change I'll take a step back instead...

waikano

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
FM Transmitter? I am skeptic about that. Has Apple changed it's mind about iPod/iPhones needing FM? If it is great, but will wait until final release before I get too excited.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
I have the current 3G Iphone… Honestly, this is the best electronic device I have ever purchased. I love it! (Even though it’s apple)

My main concern with this new rumored Iphone is how I can dump my present contract to get my hands on the new one….

G

Considering 1.5 years ago I spent $300 on my ATT tilt (which never got the support it should have) I would seriously consider purchasing the iphone with those updated specs. I agree with you though Jane that AT&T dropping the plans pricing would be the greatest, and would seal the deal for me.

starhoof

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
well they improved the battery life... by what ? like 40 minutes ?
and I bet you still cant change the battery yourself, once it gonna get old, and wont hold as much charge.

outacontrolpimp

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
[citation][nom]starhoof[/nom]well they improved the battery life... by what ? like 40 minutes ?and I bet you still cant change the battery yourself, once it gonna get old, and wont hold as much charge.[/citation]

yea 1.5 times longer means 40 minutes

jtsx1

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
I like the IPHONE, but am sick and tired of ATT's high texting and data rates. Bad thing is that I'm not sure which phone from another network I'd be willing to try...

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Isn't this the exact list that Wired posted iPhone fans reeeeallly wanted (article from a month or so back)? I think this is barely better than a copy paste from the Apple lovers at Wired.

Any coincidence this gets "leaked" the day the Pre sale date is announced or is it now Toms policy to post an iPhone rumor article everyday?

rexoverbey

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009
So it is going to have the OLED screen. Awesome!!! So many were saying it wasn't getting an improved OLED screen. Plus the OLED screen is probably how they got the improved battery life. The 32GB storage and improved CPU was pretty much a given. I wonder if the PowerVR got upgraded as well? I might upgrade my 2g iPhone to this. Would of liked to seen 5 megapixel camera but with the FM transmitter and other features added I can let that slip.

G

The Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) display, if true, will have stunning performance compared to the existing LCD. The color gamut will be greater and maintain its correctness at any viewing angle. Because it is a self emitting display and doesn't need a backlight, Apple will be able to make it thinner and pack more capabilities in the package. OLED's use less power than LCDs and will be a major contributor to reduced power consumption and extended battery performance.

hok

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
Why is apple so cheapo with this cameras... 3.5...? common... But I hated ipods and itunes and apple tax... etc etc... but i have to say... i love my iphone... i hate the nokia user interface, sony ericsson is dead, all MS phones are well, MS...

hok

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
Why is apple so cheapo with this cameras... 3.5...? common... But I hated ipods and itunes and apple tax... etc etc... but i have to say... i love my iphone... i hate the nokia user interface, sony ericsson is dead, all MS phones are well, MS...

Status
Not open for further replies.