Rumor: Palm Pre to Launch on April 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Rumor!! Just like March 15th.....April 30th.....Now April 15th......The list goes on....... But if this is true......I will be super excited!! I can't wait!

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
I really wish Palm hadn't gone with Sprint. My first phone was a Sprint and the service was horrible. I'll never ever go back regardless of how awesome of a device they've convinced some poor manufacturer to go exclusive with.

Sell your stock in Palm now. Their current market has dried up and their first forray into the cell phone business is doomed for failure. I predict a bankruptcy within 2 years, perhaps less.

Man I hate Sprint.

odoketa

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2007
The price of the phone is a red herring. 2 years times $70 / month (the lowest price for voice and data on both AT&T and Sprint) is $1680. Looks like unlimited text messaging for the iPhone is (!) $20/month, or $480 over the life of the contract. The difference in price of the phone should be nearly the last thing on a long list of considerations.

FlayerSlayer

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
[citation][nom]hillarymakesmecry[/nom]Sell your stock in Palm now. Their current market has dried up and their first forray into the cell phone business is doomed for failure. I predict a bankruptcy within 2 years, perhaps less.[/citation]
You realize this is not the first cell from Palm. Ever hear of a Treo? They've been doing cells for years. The first Palm Treo was out in 2002, and they're still around. They may die with competition from Samsung, Apple, etc, but not because their first cell failed. And honestly, this is the most competitive device they've had yet.
[citation][nom]odoketa[/nom]The price of the phone is a red herring. 2 years times $70 / month (the lowest price for voice and data on both ATT and Sprint) is $1680.[/citation]
Not true. I have Sprint with a Palm Treo 755p, 450 nationwide minutes, unlimited nights/weekends at 7:00PM, unlimited data plan, all for $60/month. Not a large difference, but considering I could have gone with 200 minutes for $50, I can safely say that $70 is not the cheapest plan, even with a data plan.

G

$70 is the cheapest plan that Sprint will allow with the Pre (it requires unlimited text as well as data).

quixel

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Not true. Palm said they recommended the everything plans,you had to listen to what they said in the video carefully.They said any other palns you might go way over so that is why they do not push any of those,they never said you couldn't use one of them like the 200 minute one with data at $50!!!.YOU CAN use them or the cheaper plans some of us have that are better then the $70 everything plan but cost us $30 =)..It doesn't require unlimited text as wel as data,their plan comes with that and so much more,many of the things lacking on ATT $70 plan. ATT would cost you over 99.99 for the things in Sprint's $69.99 plan BTW...PRE FTW!!!!!

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Say what you want about Sprint service but their rate plans for the Pre are very nice when you compare them to other companies. For $70 (I think it is) you get 450 minutes, unlimited data, and unlimited MMS/SMS plus Sprint has early nights and weekends (7pm). Plan like that from AT&T or Verizon going to run you at least $100 ($45 for voice, $30 for data, $20 for unlimited txt, $7 for early nights and weekends).

Not to mention the Pre itself looks like it is going to be a great little device. Every qualm I have had about my iPhone "seems" to have been solved with the Pre. I put seems in quotations because not many people used the device and usability claims and specs on paper don't always match up to the real device. That said multi-tasking, pull out keyboard, multi-touch, bluetooth profiles, MMS, video recording, etc. Looks like a great phone!

Any phone that can put the pressure on RIM, Nokia, and Apple is great for everyone. If the Storm and Pre don't launch how many people think the iPhone 3.0 update includes MMS? I don't. Competition is a great thing.

quixel

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
The GPS app looks great too tayb. Did you see it? I am just estatic I can keep my $30 plan and get an awesome phone and hopefully some of the special rebates and credits Sprint is well known for that make all us happy users.

G

Yes, please, everyone keep complaining about Sprint...keep saying you will wait for the iPhone...or that if you don't get a release date fom Sprint soon, you'll go elsewhere...that will mean more available Pre's for us "loyalists!" Yesssss.

G

My brother-in-law is a high up in Sprint. He just told me it's launching on April 19, not the 15th. It's a Sunday launch, just like every other.

edayfan

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
How to convert blu-ray movie to ipod?
How to rip Blu-ray(BD) movie, convert Blu-ray to iPod video format and transfer from Blu-ray to iPod? You’ve come to the right place! The following Blu-ray to iPod converter can help you convert Blu-ray movie to iPod movie with fast conversion speed. Just check this detailed blu-ray to iPod conversion guide now.
http://www.bluray-to-ipod.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.