Russia Not Holding Downloaders Liable of Piracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Wow Russia has far more common sense than what the US does when it comes to this, it's past ridiculous here when it comes to being caught pirating material. I am willing to bet their idea of education campaigne is more along the lines of our version of Traffic School too.

kanoobie

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2006
Russia's copyright enforcement laws might make more common sense since they probably have much less lobby groups promoting special interests in this department.

nino_z

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
That's right - a country decided that it will enforce its own laws over those of another country. Everything else would have surprised me anyway. I would sure hate to live in the US with all those restrictions taking place. Land of freedom my ass...

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
I think [now]dimar[/nom] has the right idea. To treat a problem you have to find its source, not just treat its symptoms. While I do think it's too easy to just say that the downloader is just uninformed and without fault, this is heading in the right direction. It only makes sense that the uploader is the origination of the problem, more so than the downloader.

punahou1

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010
I must say that I am very disappointed with our politicians - sounds like Russia has their act together. I have been abused by the music industry simply because I am older and have had to upgrade my music media over the years. For many songs I have 5 licenses - 8 track, 45, LP, Cassette & CD. According to this law I should be free to download anything from my old school collection...

Status
Not open for further replies.