S key on HP 15 "saves" instead of typing "s".....help!!!

mumoffour

Estimable
Dec 5, 2015
Hi all :)

I have a HP 15 ac038TU and admit I'm shocking with laptops, I have broken many. This is the current one I'm using (obviously on the old one though to type this lol) and the "s" key snapped of this morning.
I have it happen before on other laptops (don't ask lol) and usually it's fairly easy to use the soft pad underneath until it's replaced.

On the HP 15 though it wasn't really working, it wouldn't show at all then would do a heap of "s's" in a row so was just going to stick some blu-tack under it to help it actually press when I wanted it to and was planning on replacing the keyboard anyway, so it's only a temporary thing.

But for some reason it's suddenly started bringing up my download folder to save whatever page I'm on if I use the "s" key - it's not typing s at all, just reacting as though I've right clicked & done 'Save as' which I use in that folder when dowloading images etc online.

It's Win 10 and for the life of me I can't find a thing when googling about what on earth I've managed to do or how to fix it!
Any help would be hugely appreciated, especially since I have my kids annoying the heck out of me to give them back their laptop!
TIA :)