s4 stuck in ODIN mode?

youngmodder123

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
I have a Verizon Galaxy s4. I rooted it fine and i worked with no problems. I downloaded a custom ROM (slim ROM) and tried to boot it to recovery mode so I could install it. All I got was ODIN mode. Its stuck like this and has been for days. I tried turning it off and removing the battery with no luck? Is there anything I can do. I just want my phone back. I don't know what happened, did I not have an updated version of Android? Please help!

"did I not have an updated version of Android?"

No, you installed an unofficial,modified version which comes with risks, as you've discovered.

Try a factory, hard reset:

From a powered off state, press and hold Power, Home and Volume Up buttons to enter fastboot mode.

When you see the Samsung Galaxy S4 screen let go of Power but keep holding the other two.

Once you see your options pop up with the Android on its back you just use the volume buttons to scroll through the options,

select wipe data/factory reset and use the Power button to confirm.

Again, scroll down with the volume buttons to highlight Yes, delete user data (or whatever it says, I forget exactly) hit the Power button to confirm.

Then select Reboot system now and hold your breath.

If it doesn't work, don't blame me. I simply copied that walkthrough word-for-word from another website, and it was definitely for Galaxy S4

TRENDING THREADS