safe mode on Samsung J3

Maya_7

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
I use the Samsung j3 and I dropped my phone in water, because of this it went into safe zone. i have fixed the water damage but the safe zone is still on. It says reboots to stop it but it never works. I have changed the battery restarted my phone and turned it on and back off. I can't use apps ,however, I can text and call.

Solution
I am assuming you mean "Safe Mode"? If that is the case...

To get out of Safe Mode, please try the following.

1. Touch and Hold the "Power" key.

2. Tap "Power Off".

3. Once the phone is off, Touch and Hold the "Power" key again to restart.

The phone should now be out of "Safe Mode".

If the "Safe Mode" is still running after you restart your phone, I would then check to make sure your "Volume Down" button is not stuck. Check to see if it has anything stuck in it as well, dust, etc. Anything like this can cause the phone to go into, and get stuck in, "Safe Mode".

If that doesn't work try this...

Use the "Status Bar" to turn off "Safe Mode'. Pull down (swipe) the "Status Bar" of your phone. Now tap the "Safe Mode" button. This...
I am assuming you mean "Safe Mode"? If that is the case...

To get out of Safe Mode, please try the following.

1. Touch and Hold the "Power" key.

2. Tap "Power Off".

3. Once the phone is off, Touch and Hold the "Power" key again to restart.

The phone should now be out of "Safe Mode".

If the "Safe Mode" is still running after you restart your phone, I would then check to make sure your "Volume Down" button is not stuck. Check to see if it has anything stuck in it as well, dust, etc. Anything like this can cause the phone to go into, and get stuck in, "Safe Mode".

If that doesn't work try this...

Use the "Status Bar" to turn off "Safe Mode'. Pull down (swipe) the "Status Bar" of your phone. Now tap the "Safe Mode" button. This should turn "Safe Mode" off. Now your phone will automatically restart, so that it boots up out of "Safe Mode".

And lastly...

If you want to get rid of/disable "Safe Mode".

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe Mode: OFF" or something similar.

4. If you wanted re-enable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe mode: ON" rather than off.

Solution

Samantha_56

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

None of these worked after I tried everything I found one to help I had to completely remove my volume buttons considering it's no biggie I can adjust them through the settings but I had to leave my buttons out

Samantha_56

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
First let the phone sit in plain vermicelli and white rice for 3 hours dries the boards in the phone but it dont get the buttons very well I dropped mine in a giant bath the only way I found to fix mine was to completely remove my buttons every time I put them back in it would say safe mode I got so mad I started to take it apart and when I got to the buttons full of water and lint so I just left them out now it's out of safe mode

Nov 1, 2018

TRENDING THREADS