Samsung 55" TV horizontal lines(folds) distort picture, top of screen displayed at bottom

SchaefferC

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
K3TkCrY.jpg

My television has grown progressively worse with these flickering horizontal lines which appear to be folds in the screen which can distort the picture I.e cutting off words, making faces appear halved with just eyes and a mouth. The top of the screen appears at the bottom of the screen as well flickering with a number of folds. I haven't been able to find another with a similar problem and have no idea how I might fix it.

Solution
Hello.

What is the history of this problem? Did it happen once of a sudden or after connecting a device?

Usually, this can be either your main board, LCD controller or LCD Panel itself. There is no easy fix for this, nothing you can do from a customer point of view if it is either one of those.

One thing you can try is check if there's an updated firmware for your tv model, then update it using a USB stick. It may or may not help. In most cases, it will have no effect.
Hello.

What is the history of this problem? Did it happen once of a sudden or after connecting a device?

Usually, this can be either your main board, LCD controller or LCD Panel itself. There is no easy fix for this, nothing you can do from a customer point of view if it is either one of those.

One thing you can try is check if there's an updated firmware for your tv model, then update it using a USB stick. It may or may not help. In most cases, it will have no effect.

Solution