Question Samsung A50 vs Oppo Reno Z- which budget phone wins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2019
I'm currently on a S6, and looking for a new phone thats faster. I do like using my phone as a camera but more concerned about the processor. Reliability and phone support (future updates) are important.
Both the A50 and Reno Z are the same price right now, AUD $500 ($350 USD) on sale around $400. I like the look of these phones but reccomendations for similarly priced phones are welcome. The oppo reno z has better specs for camera than the A50 and more ram+storage for the same price, but I haven't had an oppo before so I'm not sure how reliable it is.
I have a gear watch so samsung is maybe preferred, but not a big deal.
Which phone is better? Are there any others that are good around this price? The pixel 3a starts around $650 aud so a bit out of my budget.

Reactions: Craquer
Jul 18, 2019
I was in the same situation and decided to g with the Oppo. Brilliant phone and have no complaints at all. The in-screen fingerprint reader is a lot faster and accurate on the oppo and the camera is definitely better stunning pics and 4k video looks excellent.

Jul 18, 2019
It seems to me that Samsung is greatly overvalued. You can find other budget smartphones with better features than Samsung (for example, Xiaomi, Huawei). In addition, in my experience using Samsung, after a year or two it starts to slow down a lot. Maybe I was too old and cheap model, but in any case, this line has lost my confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS