Samsung Announces Passbook Rival For Android: Wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Can we get those patent trolls to do something useful? Like, you know, patent the idea of work at home scams and sue all the scammers?

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
[citation][nom]livebriand[/nom]Can we get those patent trolls to do something useful? Like, you know, patent the idea of work at home scams and sue all the scammers?[/citation]

What bothers me the most is that most of these spam posts are just for the sake of spam, and not promoting their scam site.

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
I personally have zero desire to surrender physical currency in favour of digitized forms to complete transactions. Debit and Credit cards are more than enough for me.

NFC is not a technology I will used unless forced to; to complete transactions.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]bobusboy[/nom]I personally have zero desire to surrender physical currency in favour of digitized forms to complete transactions. Debit and Credit cards are more than enough for me.NFC is not a technology I will used unless forced to; to complete transactions.[/citation]
Going NFC isn't going to get rid of physical currency. If you look at cities like Seoul, Tokyo, Hong Kong, etc who have widely adopted NFC/mobile payment methods, nothing changed except efficiency.

When I visited Seoul, I bought a bus pass like a total noob tourist. When I was riding the bus to my destination, I saw people just bump their butt or bag next to the machine in the bus and it beeped. They didn't even take out their phone to pay with NFC. That is how much mobile payment methods matured in other countries. They don't think twice about it.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Sorry, but there is no way I trust any type of 'wallet' in my -hackable- devices.
Let's face it, this is stil the Wild West out there in Cyberland and no Wyatt Earp or Clint Eastwood type Lawman in sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.