Samsung Confirms: October 19 is Ice Cream Sandwich Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb1185

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2010
im still waiting for the out of date gingerbread update on my moto atrix so ive got no chance of seeing this anytime soon lol

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
This event will be what the theoretical iPhone5 release event could have been.

I just hope they merge Honeycomb and Gingerbread well.

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
I'm gonna eat a couple of ice cream sandwiches while watching it on youtube :D
I hope they don't take too long to update the GS2 to ICS.

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
The start of the end of the inferior Phone; excuse me, I mean iPhone.

It will be interesting to see how long until Apple starts to copy all the new cool features of Ice Cream. Just like they did with the drop down notification area and lock screen that can open up messages, camera, etc. Also with Twitter integration and split keyboard that have been around for the last couple of years on Android.

brett1042002

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]jb1185[/nom]im still waiting for the out of date gingerbread update on my moto atrix so ive got no chance of seeing this anytime soon lol[/citation]

I've had Gingerbread (2.3.4) on my Moto Atrix for months now. Ran a System Update on my phone and downloaded it no problem.

in_the_loop

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
D-mn! This means the live stream will be at 4 AM here in Sweden!
Never mind, there will be loads about it everywhere afterwards anyway.

@Greghome. It will probably take a couple of years before features of ICS is integrated into the iphone, judging by all "new" features in IOS 5 that was in android for years!

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Wow you phone people are so excited, someone would think Skyrim is being released. Geez, it's a new version of an operating system, it's not like they were holding back with improvements until now.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]Wow you phone people are so excited, someone would think Skyrim is being released. Geez, it's a new version of an operating system, it's not like they were holding back with improvements until now.[/citation]

LMAO you bash phone freaks for raving about an OS but yet you just admitted you are screwed up in the head too because you admitted you rave about a video game

thats a definite FAIL

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]LMAO you bash phone freaks for raving about an OS but yet you just admitted you are screwed up in the head too because you admitted you rave about a video gamethats a definite FAIL[/citation]

Skyrim = 200+ hours of entertainment

Ice Cream Sandwich = some incremental improvement in ... what? What will you be able to do with ICS that you can't do with Gingerbread or Honeycomb?

maddad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Just got a brand new motorola atrix 4g. Android version is 2.3.4 I don't think that is even the latest Gingerbread version. As always we are at the mercy of the carriers and phone suppliers. Meanwhile Apple updates everyone who wants it to IOS 5. Where's the love Android??? Now since Apple is so bad; why would they let you upgrade that old phone to IOS 5. Why not just make you buy the Iphone 4S if you want to upgrade. Oh wait that's what they are gonna make me do if I want the new Android ICS version on a phone.

doive1231

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2007
Why am I hearing people speaking when I just want to read articles at Tom's Hardware? I'll look elsewhere if it doesn't stop. Samsung adverts indeed.

edwuave

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
@brett1042002, fragment what? u mean the flexibility of android to support low-mid-high end phones PLUS the compatibility of Android app to run on multiple screen on multiple different OS version, can other smartphone OS do that?

leper84

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]Skyrim = 200+ hours of entertainmentIce Cream Sandwich = some incremental improvement in ... what? What will you be able to do with ICS that you can't do with Gingerbread or Honeycomb?[/citation]

Sick new UI, more media streaming options, better smp support.. ect.

Seriously, each step going from eclair to froyo to gb on my sgs4g has been a world of improvement each time- as far as stability, smoothness, performance. ICS can only be better, this is google, not amd....

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]doive1231[/nom]Why am I hearing people speaking when I just want to read articles at Tom's Hardware? I'll look elsewhere if it doesn't stop. Samsung adverts indeed.[/citation]There's audio ads playing here? (I don't turn sound on until I need it)
That's seriously shitty. The pop-ups were bad enough (until Ad-Block Plus started working with Chrome).

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]maddad[/nom]Just got a brand new motorola atrix 4g. Android version is 2.3.4 I don't think that is even the latest Gingerbread version. As always we are at the mercy of the carriers and phone suppliers. Meanwhile Apple updates everyone who wants it to IOS 5. Where's the love Android??? Now since Apple is so bad; why would they let you upgrade that old phone to IOS 5. Why not just make you buy the Iphone 4S if you want to upgrade. Oh wait that's what they are gonna make me do if I want the new Android ICS version on a phone.[/citation]

If the carriers didn't mess with Google's OS, and only added drivers for their hardware then you wouldn't need to wait. Or you could stop being a drama troll and install your own operating system instead of relying on the carriers to tell you what you can and can not have . Cyanogen ftw

Status
Not open for further replies.