Samsung Confirms Smartwatch Announcement for Sept. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
note 3 and galaxy gear... the most likely replacments for my samsung galaxy nexus and sony smart watch being announced and possibly released together :) happy day,sept 4th can't get here soon enough

pbrigido

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
I'm on the fence with smartwatches. If I would have to charge my watch as often as I charge my phone, I'm not too sure I would purchase one.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I can't figure out why a 'smart watch' would be useful. I guess it means that you don't have to take your phone out of your pocket to have access to a limited set of functions, but having to wear a watch seems like more of a burden than having to take my phone out of my pocket. And if I need to answer a call I can't use the watch either. There must be some use case that I'm not thinking of. I guess as a shiny fashion accessory it makes sense. Am I missing something?

joaompp

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
@ gm0n3y
You can answer calls, which would be extremely useful if you have a blue tooth headset on, especially when you are engaged in a task that makes it inconvenient to pull out your phone

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
I will only get a smart watch if its not like the 80s version of a calc watch and feel like a total nerd wearing one. Its not easy to come up with the next big thing but like the iPad it had plenty of doubters and see how that turned out.

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
I can't help it.
Can it play Crysis 3?
Truly, a lot of people that wear watches, pay big bucks for them and switch them to match what they are doing or wearing.
These watches need to come in a wide array of designs and styles to be widely excepted. So some alliances with quality designers is in order. Maybe have it look like a nice watch until a notification or call comes in then the transparent crystal switches to a status screen and the info side scrolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.