Samsung Delays Australian Launch of Galaxy Tab 10.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
So because the swiping gesture for photos on a Galaxy Tab 10.1 is similar to that of the iPad 2, it gets banned in countries? I don't care if its patented (who patents a swiping gesture in the first place?), that's a sad excuse for banning a product.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Touch screen gestures are an inevitable evolution of mobile devices. It should NOT be possible to patent a simple swiping gesture. It's like putting a patent on turning a page in a book. Wait... maybe I should patent that!

tmshdw

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
There's a nice article that was publised couple of weeks back that shows what tablets looked like before iPad and after iPad. Before iPad there were clueless tablet designs (laughable). After iPad, each one is a copy of the iPad. Samsung is the blatent. For all those Apple haters who say tablets have been around forever, they are right. But they all sucked until Apple created an excellent form factor that everyone now copies. Sorry it hurts so bad for all the apple haters, but this is the reality. iPhone was copied by Android as well. What were smart phone designs before the iPhone. Yep, I know this hurts too.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Abdullahg[/nom]So because the swiping gesture for photos on a Galaxy Tab 10.1 is similar to that of the iPad 2, it gets banned in countries? [/citation]
Nope, it actually doesn't.(Journalism at it's best)
Samsung actually won that lawsuit, it's not a big deal for them to upgrade to the later version of Android to get rid of the "gallery" problem by October the 17th.

PS
The gallery patent has something to do with previewing, not gestures.
Dutch judges actually demonstrated a lot of common sense.

junixophobia

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
Delaying tactics... it just make galaxy tab more enticing....

in my location of the world, I don't see ipad a lot. Samsung seems to rule in this place when it comes to tablets...

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]tmshdw[/nom]There's a nice article that was publised couple of weeks back that shows what tablets looked like before iPad and after iPad. Before iPad there were clueless tablet designs (laughable). After iPad, each one is a copy of the iPad. Samsung is the blatent. For all those Apple haters who say tablets have been around forever, they are right. But they all sucked until Apple created an excellent form factor that everyone now copies. Sorry it hurts so bad for all the apple haters, but this is the reality. iPhone was copied by Android as well. What were smart phone designs before the iPhone. Yep, I know this hurts too.[/citation]
Spoken like a true Apple fanboy. Which tablets are you talking about, and what era? You do know tablets started evolving since early 1900s right? Don't you wonder why tablets sucked? The architecture of processors, graphics, hardware, memory were all too large, sucked too much energy, and overheated to be packed into a small form factor. Also, the introduction of touch screens wasn't known to the public till the 80s. Even then, touch screens were on CRT devices. Even just 10 years ago, to afford a multi-touch touchscreen LCD, it costed a hefty premium.

Now, with that in mind, would you want to stop THE only contender left against Apple before it monopolizes the entire tablet, smartphone scene? That would just be idiotic. The day a company monopolizes an entire niche, is the day that consumers like us get sh!t all over.

aptrout

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
Yup, iPad came out in 2010 and no one had ever made a tablet-like device that looked anything like it.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/03/09/samsung-digital-picture-frame-stores-pics-movies-music/

tmshdw

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
[citation][nom]ikyung[/nom]Spoken like a true Apple fanboy. Which tablets are you talking about, and what era? blah blah blah[/citation]

*sigh* And typical reaction from a "I hate apple so bad I'm gonna have an aneurysm"-boy.

When u gonna learn Apple is all about useability and form factor? They were first to capitalize/create the tablet market with a elegant to use tablet. Now its all wannbeees. So you can make all the excuses you want to keep your rage going but the fact remains that Apple made the first mass market useable tablet.

junixophobia

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
i dont know about that, all I see at apple nowadays are scared company who is afraid to compete.

As for samsung, it has faster processor, better display/graphics, bigger mem (i think), better camera front/back and clearly a step forward in the right direction. If other company will not be allowed to come up with an upgraded gadget in this IT ecosystem, then will be stuck with a 600MHZ thingy for years and be duped to pay exorbitant amount while the company would hold back innovation...

reminds me of intel vs amd... windows vs linux... stagnation vs innovation...

Status
Not open for further replies.