Samsung Galaxy Ace and USB connection problem

macmert

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
Hello guys,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace smartphone and it is not that smart anymore...

I cannot connect the phone via USB connection, it only charges the phone, this problem was not present until a recent time, it happened to me once and using "resolve PC connectivity issues" option in Samsung Kies solved the problem but it does not anymore. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the Samsung USB drivers but to no avail... The problem persists and when I contacted Samsung help desk they offered a reset which will delete all my data...

Now I know this is a common problem but all my efforts turn out fruitless so I'm asking anyone out there who has a solution to this problem.

Thank you for your time in advance...

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Unfortunately your best option is going to be as was suggested by Samsung; do a factory reset.

Set the phone to sync your contacts to Gmail and when you sign in after the reset it will have all your contacts.

Also, move all your photos, music, etc to the SD card and remove it from the phone before the reset.

After the reset all you should have left to do is put the SD card back in and download your apps again.

macmert

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
Ok this phone is erratic at best, yesterday I've plugged my phone via USB to my laptop, the USB slot that was used before, and the laptop decided to recognize the phone??? Now I can connect the phone (when I tried yesterday, didn't try it today yet) via Kies and access the phone :S